QA Engineer, Quality Specialist Systems
Company: Flowserve Corporation
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Company Overview:If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone!Role
Summary:As a Nuclear QA Engineer at Flowserve, you are key to
ensuring we continue to deliver high-quality Code and
Safety-related products that meet all company, industry, and
Customer requirements.To do this effectively, you will partner with
associates in Supply Chain, Engineering, and Manufacturing in
managing orders and the flow of products from suppliers, through
our factory, and delivery to the Customer.You will also facilitate
internal, external agency, and Customer audits of our processes, in
addition to supporting our internal non-conformance disposition
processes.The Nuclear QA Engineer needs to bring strong experience
and industry-specific knowledge to support a critical segment of
Flowserve's business.Responsibilities & Requirements:PRINCIPAL
- Support leading Site Quality Program and Cost of Quality
Support quality cultural change in the facility aligned with
Flowserve values & behaviors.
- Lead Customer complaints / Escapes problem solving and be able
to present results to customer.
- Partner with QC incoming, in-process and final inspection to
assure Quality compliance in the site.
- Work with a proactive approach to assure KPIs compliance and
reporting (Non-conformances, Rework, Scrap, First Pass Yield,
Escapes, Warranties, Corrective Actions).
- Support leading Zero Defect Program and Customer Experience in
the site as per Corporate Guidelines.
- Review customer specifications to prepare the ITP (Quality
- Assure ITP compliance during the project execution.
- Lead, facilitate and coach Problem Solving (RCA/CA/PA) for the
- Build and analyze data coming out from the systems to lead and
support Continuous Improvement initiatives around Quality.
- Define Continuous Improvement projects associated with Cost of
- Lead multi-functional teams to set the required Corrective
- Partner with Supplier Performance Group to assure suppliers
quality and performance.
- Provide internal trainings as required on Quality topics to
- Assure safety rules are followed as a moral authority in the
shop floor and within the team
- Support maintaining all Quality certifications for the business
(ISO 9001:2015, others site specific) as well as external audits
(customer or third party).REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO:
- Use project management tools to ensure effective and timely
completion of project milestones.
- Support ensuring export compliance.
- Support the Corp Human Performance Program in 2022 (partnering
- Use detailed process mapping tools to define and analyze
quality management workflows.
- Make data driven decisions
- Interact & guide the other functional areas including
manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, production, and field
service/repair to evaluate failure trends, product quality
problems, and quality issues.
- Evaluate existing quality processes and systems for
effectiveness and improvement opportunities.
- Support quality system deployment plans given multiple system
deployments with other functions (ERP, PLM, SIOP, etc.).
- Interact with customers and suppliers on quality issues plus
resolution of any problems within process and final product
- Provide input, guidance and coaching to all levels from shop
floor to site leadership team to ensure continuous
- Initiate, formulate and implement new business practices within
a specific discipline while managing the development and/or
delivery of a significant element of the organization's change
- Support the development and/or delivery of budget plans with
guidance from senior colleagues.
- Manage complexity. Accurately define the key elements of
complex, ambiguous situations.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field (manufacturing,
industrial, or mechanical)
- 8 years of experience in Quality, no leadership experience
- Previous experience in metal-mechanic industries and similar
- Knowledge of API, ASME, ISO 9001 standards.
- Skilled in Team Oriented 8D Problem Solving.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Certified Quality Engineer
- Core Tools development and implementation.
- Skilled in data analysis and quality KPI performance
management.Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Able to understand P&L / financials.
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification.
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor.
- Supplier Quality Management Experience
- Organizational and planning skillsJob Advertising Title: QA
Engineer, Quality Specialist SystemsPrimary Posting Location:
Irving, Texas USJob Posting Category: OperationsEmployment Type:
Full timeCountry: United StatesAuto req ID: 52510BRFlowserve is an
equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without
regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate
against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or
disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their
co-workers Click here to learn more.If you are a qualified
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the
right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or
limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as
result of your disability. You can request a reasonable
accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In
order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words
"Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For
more information, read the Accessibility Process.
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Grand Prairie , QA Engineer, Quality Specialist Systems, Accounting, Auditing , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!