Company: International Leadership of Texas
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: June 24, 2022
- Provide students with appropriate learning activities and
experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them
fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and
social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills
to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or
training for subject and level assigned-preferred
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- One-year student teaching or approved internship preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:Instructional Strategies
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the
requirements of district's curriculum program and show written
evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect
accommodations for differences in individual student
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies,
activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect
understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned
and present subject matter according to guidelines established by
Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results
to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify
curricula as needed for special education students according to
guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional
goals, objectives, and methods according to district
- Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s)
and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through
formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as
assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus
- Be a positive role model for students; support mission of
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and
appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of
Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open
communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and
policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff
committees as required.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by your immediate
- Direct the work of assigned instructional aide(s).
Keywords: International Leadership of Texas, Grand Prairie , Science Teacher, Education / Teaching , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!