Industrial Engineer - Grand Prairie, TX
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: May 8, 2020
Industrial Engineer - Grand Prairie, TX
Subject matter expert in the Logistics Business Solutions group,
providing expert knowledge in industrial engineering and continuous
improvement methods; key contributor to complex projects to assist
the organization on continuous improvements to performance,
efficiency, and capability development to meet rapidly changing
Key Responsibility 1:
- Facility Design & Engineering Support facility re-engineering
projects, applying industrial engineering and lean methodologies to
the continuous improvement of operational flows and distribution
- Manage vendors during capital project deployments including but
not limited to infrastructure, automation, mechanization, storage
media, material handling equipment, workstations, etc.
- Partner and coordinate with vendors, i.e., Dematic on
post-deployment programs and actions to ensure operational
continuity (minimize downtime) of mechanical systems; long term,
support capability development in operations to minimize reliance
on external vendors for mechanical and PLC system maintenance,
updates, and performance.
- Update technical documentation, layouts, and process flows,
utilizing AutoCAD and other relevant software.
- Conduct required analysis in support of facility re-engineering
to ensure operational flows, capacity, and throughput are properly
considered in new designs and layouts.
- Assist operations in change management efforts related to
new/updated process flows and procedures resulting from new
deployments of layouts, equipment, storage media, automation,
- Support studies and technology deployments within operations,
e.g., autonomous mobile robotics, automation, digitalization,
Key Responsibility 2:
- Industrial Engineering Methods and Continuous Improvement
Perform complex engineering tasks of design, evaluation,
problem-solving, analysis, and planning to support logistics
- Conducts studies to determine the most efficient sequence of
operations and workflow by analyzing production costs, process flow
charts, and production schedules.
- Improve work methods and simplification in performing warehouse
tasks to drive efficiency (travel reduction, non-value added time,
- Conduct time and motion studies and evaluate production
standards; perform maintenance, and adjust standards to reflect
changes in business requirements, flows, policies, and procedures
to ensure accuracy.
- Analyze capacity planning models, staffing requirements, and
productivity rates and partner with FP&A Manager to ensure
consistency between labor requirements and financials (budget,
actuals, and forecasts).
- Monitor performance metrics and measurements; maintain a deep
understanding of variables impacting key performance metrics,
contributing input, and support to the teams in achieving
- Provide operations team with necessary support and guidance for
improving utilization of resources including but not limited to
direct and indirect labor, equipment, and space.
- Establish metrics to monitor savings as compared to established
goals and targets.
- Supports continuous improvement in the operation by identifying
areas of opportunity and leading Kaizen events to identify root
causes to issues and develop appropriate solutions and
- Create value stream maps for all operational flows and
communicate with management on areas of opportunity for waste
- Maintain Annual Stream mapping efforts, CI Plans, and
- Industrial Engineering degree from an accredited university is
- 4-6 years' work experience in a logistics or manufacturing
- Knowledgeable of Total Quality Systems: 5S, Data collection and
trending, Lean Concepts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Database, Access, Project) and AutoCAD
- Continuous improvement mindset with a thirst for learning and
finding new and innovative solutions to complex issues.
- Detail-oriented, excellent analytical skills, and demonstrated
ability to perform analyses and identify solutions to resolve
specific distribution and logistics needs.
- SAP ERP and EWM experience a big plus
- Data mining - SQL experience a big plus
- Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma concepts and
- Ability to use engineering skills to analyze costs related to
all aspects of fulfillment and distribution operations
- Proven project management experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and
maintain effective relationships at all levels of the
- Ability to work in a multifunctional and multicultural
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Team player attitude with the ability to influence
Keywords: Richemont, Grand Prairie , Industrial Engineer - Grand Prairie, TX, Engineering , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!