Senior Automation Engineer
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Poly-America, L.P., a leading plastics manufacturer, is
currently seeking an Automation Engineer to join our team.
Poly-America produces several lines of polyethylene products
including high quality trash bags, and agricultural films.
Dedicated to providing the highest quality polyethylene products,
our team of chemical, mechanical, electrical and process engineers
is at the forefront of modern plastics technology. The company's
innovative design team is responsible for several technological
breakthroughs in blown-film extrusion. We also maintain one of the
most sophisticated on-site labs in the plastics industry.
Automation Engineers at Poly-America are responsible for
researching, recommending, and evaluating equipment and systems for
the packaging of industrial and consumer products. This role is
accountable for the creation, release, documentation, and testing
of different automated packaging options as required. A successful
Automation Engineer will lead the implementation of automation
projects in our manufacturing environment. This role will manage
multiple projects of varying complexity and size, which will
include new projects, improvements and upgrades to current systems.
In addition to the aforementioned responsibilities, this role will
be required to work cross-functionally with Engineers, technicians,
IT infrastructure, manufacturing, and quality control. The role of
Automation Engineer may involve additional responsibilities and
opportunities as they become necessary and/or are assigned by
Additional Responsibilities Include
- Design and program control systems for high-speed automation
and precision handling systems.
- Support several facets by providing master planning, design,
execution, and start-up services for packaging systems.
- Provide complex and effective automation and controls support
to plant operations.
- Execute automation technology projects end to end from project
planning to implementation.
- A Bachelor's Degree within an Engineering discipline
(Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial).
- Perform on-site commissioning of automation equipment.
- Provide support for System Integrations as well as the
expansion of facilities.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing technical projects
- At least 2 years of experience with any of the following
Robotic automation (can be articulating arm, gantry or other types
of robots), automated case packing, automated palletizing or other
automation of tasks formerly performed with human labor.
- At least 2 years of experience with box erection and tape
- Experience in designing, testing and installing electrical
control panels in industrial or manufacturing settings is
- Experience with automation design and implementation within an
- Ability to effectively communicate and instruct management,
engineers, maintenance and equipment operators.
- The ideal candidate will have conveyor system and material
- The aptitude and desire necessary to be a good student of
Poly-America processes, equipment, and procedures.
Poly-America offers competitive compensation packages including
Medical/Dental, paid vacations and holidays, and 401(K).Employment
Keywords: Poly-America, Grand Prairie , Senior Automation Engineer, Engineering , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!