Shop Crane Tech Mechanic
Company: Manitowoc Company
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: September 20, 2023
MGX Shop Crane Technicians are responsible for the inspection,
diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of various crane equipment
including mobile cranes and boom trucks.
This position will be located at the Dallas, Texas branch for MGX
Equipment Services and reports to the Branch Manager.
*Candidates hired for this role will receive a $3,500 sign-on
bonus, payable after 90 days continuous service; and be eligible
for our Tool Reimbursement Program of up to $1,500 per calendar
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates and inspects cranes in order to diagnose defects
- Demonstrates working knowledge of CANBUS, PAT, EKS, ECOS &
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers
- Reads, understands and interprets operating manuals, parts
manuals, blueprints and technical drawings
- Tests mechanical, electronic, electrical and hydraulic products
and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper
operation and compliance with OEM specifications
- Prepares for jobs by checking parts and drawings for accuracy
- Capable of accomplishing tasks independently without direct
- Perform thorough and accurate annual inspections
- Maintain conformity to safety requirements and other
- Properly fills out working reports, hour's reports, time
sheets, hour's overviews and expense reports
- Good customer service and communication skills
- High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of five (5) years of
experience as a Mechanic/Technician.
- History of working with different forms of mobile crane
equipment, specifically Grove RT and TMS Cranes; Grove GMK European
Cranes; Manitowoc EPIC and/ or Traditional Cranes; National Boom
Trucks; Manitex Boom Trucks and Cranes a strong plus
- Sets a positive example in punctuality and professional
demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff,
keeping work areas clean & orderly plus promoting safety
regulations and all other company programs
- Possession of a valid driver's license with a satisfactory
driving record preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Required to purchase full set of hand tools up to 1.5
- Manufacture approved training/certifications preferred
- Must be able to work overtime and on weekends as required.
HEALTH & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
- Perform job functions in a safe manner.
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required by
Company policy for the job being performed.
- Know and follow established job specific and facility wide
safety and health procedures and rules.
- Actively participate in safety and health training and
demonstrate competency based on training received.
- Bring safety and health issues, unsafe acts, and safety
suggestions to management's attention or correct those you can.
- This is a full-time position with typical working hours between
7:00 am to 6:00 pm. Overtime and weekend work may be possible based
on business conditions.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- This position will be required to work in an environment with
exposure to elements such as extreme temperatures and various
weather conditions, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors
and/or loud noises. While performing the duties of this job, the
employees is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl. There is frequent lifting and/or moving of
up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Competitive total rewards package including benefits and 401(k)
beginning day one of employment.
- Continuing education and training opportunities; tuition
reimbursement for those who qualify.
- Vacation and Holiday pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- And much more!
The Manitowoc Company, Inc. was founded in 1902 and has over a
120-year tradition of providing high-quality, customer-focused
products and support services to its markets. Manitowoc is one of
the world's leading providers of engineered lifting solutions.
Manitowoc, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, designs,
manufactures, markets, and supports comprehensive product lines of
mobile hydraulic cranes, tower cranes, lattice-boom crawler cranes
and boom trucks under the Grove, Manitowoc, National Crane, Potain
and Shuttlelift brand names.
EOE / DISABLED / VETERAN
Keywords: Manitowoc Company, Grand Prairie , Shop Crane Tech Mechanic, Engineering , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!