GCB AML & Sanctions Project Manager
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: January 15, 2022
This role - GCB AML & Sanctions Business Regulatory, Audit and
Issue Management Manager - resides within the Global Consumer Bank
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions Program Management Office
(PMO) supporting the KYC / Sanctions Project Audit and Issue
management team. The OneKYC program is designed to support an
enterprise-wide global KYC platform and Program supporting a global
operating model and consistent structure for program execution
across Businesses and Client types. Additionally, the GCB Sanctions
Program focuses on the execution, controls and compliance of the
GCB organization in regard to the Global Sanctions Policy and
Global Operating Standard for Sanctions Matches (GOSSM).The primary
responsibility of the person in this role will be as a Project
Manager (PM) providing Project Management leadership to assist with
GCB AML and Sanctions Program implementations and related project
management work across Consumer Bank businesses. This position will
provide strategic project direction and facilitation across the
subject work streams, including planning, methods and tools,
communications, issue escalation and resolution, progress tracking
and reporting as well as directly leading programs that do not fit
within the specific work streams. The PM will be responsible to
work with global business teams and partners to support
implementation planning and execution of the program projects that
are short, medium and long term in nature.The individual will be
responsible for assisting in the completion of deliverables that
are required as part of the GCB AML and Sanctions Books of work as
well as deliverables mandated by the Citi Program and Project
Management Policy (CPMC). The person will coordinate activities
with business leads and regional AML and Sanctions Business
Representatives and their delegates to ensure consistent and timely
implementation of the AML and Sanctions Program deliverables. The
PM will take part in conducting an ongoing analysis necessary for
prioritization of implementation releases based on business
capabilities, risk-based analysis and local legal restrictions. The
person will be called upon to participate in discussions to shape
the most efficient processes for the business while meeting
regulatory requirements.Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing project activities and tracking across
various workstreams and providing leadership support through
planning, organizing, coordinating, and monitoring implementation
- Responsible for organizing project activities providing
leadership through planning, coordinating, and monitoring
- Assists in the development of the master project schedule and
all other project work plans.
- Responsible for the organization and formation of meeting
materials, agendas and minutes of Global GCB AML strategic
oversight committees and subcommittees.
- Reviews deliverables, plans and oversees day-to-day activities
- Partners with region and country AML and Sanctions business
leads to support start-up of business-led projects at Global and
- Ensures quality in plans, and that project plans have detailed
breakdown of activities and milestones.
- Demonstrating strong understanding of the projects'
interdependencies and key participants, and identifying staffing
needs for UAT, training, and implementation.
- Anticipates program release problems and takes corrective
action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments to
assure the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential
- Drives work stream requirements, communication and reporting
for senior management and stakeholders.
- Translates consumer commitments to business specific needs
supported by fully documented plans.
- Works with AML and Sanctions business partners on the local
application and requirements to ensure that regulators requirements
are met, and that Citi is able to meet customer needs
- Ensures consistent implementation of methodology, tools, and
reporting at country, regional, global level according to GAML PMO
- Works with AML and Sanctions business leaders in the creation
of project management framework / infrastructure at global and
regional level to be able to follow up the program progress and to
be able to timely act on issues.
- Analyzes global compliance proposals to enhance our AML and
Sanction programs, ensuring that business continues to be
efficient, and proposals are feasible to implement.
- Collaborates with business partners and global stakeholders to
drive cross-work stream escalation and issue resolutionJob Skills /
- Bachelor's degree or comparable experience required; Graduate
Degree preferred. Project Management Certification and/or AML
Certification required (PMP, ACAMS or similar certification)
- 5+ years of broad and comprehensive knowledge of project
management or relevant work experience.
- Position demands understanding of AML and Sanctions Regulations
including the Bank Secrecy Act and the US Patriot Act coupled with
excellent analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) and the
ability to interpret regulatory requirements for a board range of
Consumer and Corporate Banking Businesses.
- Highly intellectual in character requiring exercise of
discretion and judgment related to regulatory recommendations,
Global AML PMO standards, business capabilities and local legal
- Must be able to execute the defined standards, must be able to
work with multi-disciplinary teams from different regions to
implement initiatives at regional and country level
- Knowledge and expertise of AML and Sanctions regulations, and
Consumer Banking Businesses is welcomed.
- Position requires a global mindset. The candidate must have
excellent communication skills, both written and oral, be
comfortable interfacing with businesses across regions, across
sectors and senior level management. The candidate must also be
able to work across regions understanding time zone challenges with
occasional work required outside normal local business hours.
- Must be able to negotiate changes to proposals made by global,
regional and country teams.
- Must be able to lead initiatives with cross-functional teams
across the world
- The person should be able to influence cross-functional teams
that do not report to them.
- Leads and executes under pressure, many of the projects will
have very tight timelines.-Job Family Group:Project and Program
Management-Job Family:Project Management-Time Type:Full time-Citi
is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi.View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the
EEO is the Law Supplement.View the EEO Policy Statement.View the
Pay Transparency Posting-Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires
that all successful applicants for positions located in the United
States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a
condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior
to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Grand Prairie , GCB AML & Sanctions Project Manager, Executive , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!