Senior Audit Manager- Compliance (Remote)
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Senior Audit Manager for
our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, or
Charlotte, NC or 100% remote work environment.Remote work is
available for candidates who do not live in a location where USAA
has a physical office.If on location: USAA values a culture that is
highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type
helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating
in-person in the office and working from home when needed to
achieve focused deliverables. The actual days onsite are determined
between each employee and the employee's manager.Manages audit
engagements, varying in complexity, and often participates in
complex, cross-functional risk-based assurance and advisory
engagements driving quality of audit work. May lead engagements as
Auditor-In-Charge (AIC). Maintains knowledge of financial services
regulations and effectively responds and interacts with regulators.
Provides oversight to multiple audit engagements and participates
in review of engagement planning, fieldwork and reporting. Manages
strategic initiatives and assists with the development and
implementation of a risk-based audit plan. Serves, and/or partners
with subject matter expert(s) within audit or the business to
analyze issues, establish collaborative client relationships, and
proactively work with client management to assess risk and improve
internal controls. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors'
International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal
Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.Primary Responsibilities:
- Influences business and clients across the enterprise regarding
effective internal controls and mitigating risks across the full
Enterprise taxonomy and challenges business management to adopt
appropriate policies and procedures and effective controls designed
to mitigate risks.
- Manages audit engagement-related efforts and assignments of
staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when
conducting engagements, specialized audits or business audits
recognizing the cross-matrixing and cross-functionality within the
specialized functions/business areas.
- Independently prepares, reviews, and leads continuous
monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and
- Ensures assigned audit engagements are completed objectively,
professionally, timely and in accordance with corporate and
industry audit standards.
- Approves the engagement risk and control matrix and scope of
the audit for final review and approval by Audit Leadership.
- Proactively identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for
improvement in the current operating environment providing
recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related audit
issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client
leadership conducting follow-up activities.
- Responsible for quality of audit reviews with final signoff of
work papers; proposes and/or recommends updates to the universe
risk assessment of the entity based on audit results.
- Leads team activities and provides feedback to the team on
audit activities related to planning and scoping, testing and
sampling methodology and testing conclusions that demonstrate
critical thinking ability.
- Builds and enhances client relationships across the
organization for areas of responsibility helping to drive strategic
objectives with the business.
- Communicates effectively with business/clients to include
delivering both risk-based and difficult messages. May be asked to
communicate with regulators and executive leaders.
- Provides recommendations on staffing assignments to audit
leadership and guidance to staff members.
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors ensuring
timeliness and quality of audit engagement deliverables. May
deliver audit team end of engagement evaluations.
- Provides input into the creation of the internal audit universe
and audit entities risk profile. Updates universe risk assessment
information with current and applicable research and industry
- Participates in development of the Audit annual plan for
assigned areas of responsibility including proper assessment and
coverage of risks and emerging risks and
- assists with execution of the annual plan.Minimum
Education:Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information TechnologyFour
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience:
- 8 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
- Broad and comprehensive experience in Audit theory, internal
audit principles with demonstrated experience in audit examining,
analyzing, assessing, and drawing conclusions from audit work.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and
challenging Controls with business partners and influencing
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Experience in a support role, mentoring, and providing feedback
to audit team members throughout the audit.
- Experience in overseeing work with both internal and external
partners in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis
tools and techniques and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment
undergoing change; ability to deal with competing
- Understanding of consumer compliance regulatory requirements
such as SCRA, MLA, FDPA, FCRA, UDAAP, Regulation Z, etc. combined
with experience in a banking environment, specifically, mortgage,
deposits, credit card, consumer lending, etc.
- Proactively and independently delivers high quality, timely
audit reports and issue validations
- Demonstrates strong understanding of consumer compliance within
a bank setting and is able to keep to date on the latest regulatory
trends and assess its impact to USAA.
- Coordinates and prepares regulatory deliverables and responses
related to the role
- Manages an Internal Audit team and regularly performs budget
vs. actual analysis
- Integrates technology into audit practices and methodology
- Performs and provides oversight of continuous monitoring
- Provides consumer compliance focused consultation services to
- Collaborates across Internal Audit teams to provide
comprehensive coverage across the audit plan
- Engages and takes ownership of strategic initiatives to achieve
continuous improvement within the team
- Approaches challenging and complex environments with
intellectual curiosity and an open mind
- CRCM preferredThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 -
$192,300*( this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.Please click on the link below for
more details.USAA Total RewardsRelocation assistance is available
for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Grand Prairie , Senior Audit Manager- Compliance (Remote), Executive , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!