Director, Specialty Sales Team
Company: Airbus Group
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We
are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace
products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We
aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defence as well
as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and
space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly
international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct
suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final
assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has
achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
AIRBUS requires that all new employees and temporary workers of
Airbus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Airbus allows
candidates who are not fully vaccinated at the time of hire a
reasonable amount of time to obtain vaccinated status. This
position requires vaccination against COVID-19 or, if applicable,
an approved accommodation for religious or medical reasons.
Direct and coordinate the activities of the Specialty Sales Team
sales managers to include the sales of new and used helicopters,
support & services sales products, and completion sales in North
America. Manage assets (used aircraft) for Airbus Helicopters
ensuring that revenue is generated with a positive profit margin.
Oversee management of leased aircraft through Airbus
- Specialty Sales and Strategy Management: 50%
- Able to negotiate and communicate the customer requirements
necessary for the satisfactory completion of a sale, working with
other departments as necessary.
- Proficient in relevant US and Canadian Laws and Regulations
that govern export (ITAR, EAR, FCPA).
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry
influencers and key community and strategic partners.
- Provides management and necessary information to develop the
sales forecast, objectives, strategies, actions, and budgets.
- Develop and implement sales campaigns in response to market
requirements and changes.
- Direct and supervise the day-to-day activities of the Specialty
Sales Managers to achieve bookings and market share objectives,
with a strong focus on developing new sales opportunities
- Ensure the Specialty Sales Team is meeting departmental goals,
operating within the sales plan and supporting the overall selling
effort as outlined in the company goals and objectives.
- Coordinate the exchange of pertinent information on the
helicopter market and specific sales opportunities between the
sales and marketing staff and applicable management team
- Develop and initiate sales campaigns in response to market
changes in coordination with the head of the Commercial Sales and
the head of Marketing.
- Provide regular and accurate updates to Sales Force in order to
maximize the exchange of information and the flow of each
opportunity through the sales funnel.
- Continue to improve sales forecasting accuracy by continuously
challenging and supporting sales forecast assumptions and the
refinement of the sales process specific to opportunities.
- Management of Used Aircraft in Support of New Helicopter Sale:
- Develop a strong bench in Asset Management;
- Evaluate trade-in aircraft in support of new helicopter
- Manage trade-in of used aircraft throughout the complete
transaction: evaluation, due diligence, resale; any maintenance
which might be required; advertising, and closing on the sale;
- Preparation of necessary Gate Reviews and attendance in support
of disposition of the used aircraft;
- Reports as instructed information to AH Asset Management team
to ensure proper communications;
- Coordinate any maintenance for the aircraft:
- Maintenance tracking
- Initiate procedure for allocation of WBS for work
- Cost tracking
- Ensure aircraft is ready for sale
- Maintain weekly up-to-date prospect summaries.
- As required due to customer relationship management, assist
customers with disposition of used aircraft not associated directly
with the sale of a new helicopter
- Advise on leasing arrangements necessary to sell a new
- Manage leases by AHI of owned aircraft;
- Oversee internal leases and lease-back arrangements;
- Determine residual value calculations to be used in lease
arrangements and for negotiation.
- Team Development and Administration: 20%
- Motivate and coach the Specialty Sales Team in attaining their
individual sales objectives and support the department's
- Initiate training programs for the Specialty Sales Team to
increase their technical and market knowledge and sales skills to
increase individual and team effectiveness.
- Manage and approve the Specialty Sales Team travel plans,
expense reports and budget compliance in line with department and
- Ensure coordination between the Specialty Sales Team and all
elements of the Sales and Marketing Department.
- Ensure on-going coordination with marketing staff in Marignane,
France, so the Specialty Sales Team are utilized as subject matter
experts in their respective segments for international events and
sales opportunities, when required.
- Conduct periodic performance evaluations, make recommendations
for salary increases (promotion, merit, adjustment), transfer, hire
and perform disciplinary actions, when needed.
- Attend trade shows, customer events and other sales &
marketing-related functions that showcase the Airbus Helicopters
brand in all of the market segments.
- Manage the elements of the Dallas Cowboys Marketing Agreement
to maximize interaction with key existing customers and contact
with new VIP and other customers.
- Work with the Specialty Sales team, Regional Sales Managers,
and Key Account Managers and shows and events staff to determine
which shows and events will provide the most interaction with
existing and prospective customers within budget limitations on an
- Focal point for the gathering of marketing intelligence to
support the overall company efforts and the development of sales
- Assist in the coordination of flight demonstrations and
demonstration tours with Specialty Sales Team, Regional Sales team,
Key Account Managers, Shows & Events Team, Sr. Director of
Commercial Sales, and Director of Marketing.
- Support the Sales and Marketing Leadership team in obtain high
performance function of the Marketing and Sales team by support
other leader initiatives and providing input and recommendations
for continuous improvement.
- Build relationships within Support and Services team and
Programs team to facilitate the smooth and aligned working
relationship with Marketing and Sales team.
- Is able to conduct periodic performance evaluations, makes
recommendation for salary increases (promotion, merit, adjustment),
transfers, hires, and disciplinary actions (terminations).
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Marketing or
equivalent area; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 12 years of experience, with a combination of
operations experience, sales and marketing activities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the helicopter industry or
similar industry with complex sales solutions
- Minimum of 10 years of proven supervisory and/or management
- Commercial Helicopter Pilot Certificate
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of the various markets of the helicopter industry and
how to apply this knowledge to sales prospecting activity
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
with internal and external customers (English).
- Ability to read and interpret various types of technical data,
including flight manuals, performance charts and aircraft
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office tools and Sales Force is
- 30-40% Domestic and International
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Must demonstrate a high level of independent decision-making
capability regarding the supervision and management of Specialty
Sales Team and the employment of sales and marketing strategies.
Must have a high level of organizational agility in working with
members of AHNA and AH departments and divisions. Effective
interaction with all direct reports to VP of Sales & Marketing is
critical to success. Must be flexible in continuing development of
market segment strategies in response to changing market
conditions, in coordination with Specialty Sales Managers, KAM's,
RSM's and marketing staff.
- Exempt: 6
- Non-exempt: 0
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Direct responsibility to monitor expense reports and budget for
each Specialty Sales Manager. Responsible to manage marketing and
sales activity of Specialty Sales Team which results in maintaining
or increasing market share. Influence in developing marketing
strategies for each specialty segment. Assist with customer
relations in individual sales meetings, trade shows and events.
Nature of Contacts:
- Internal Communications: Specialty Sales Team on a daily or
weekly basis; Sr. Director of Commercial Sales, Director of
Marketing, Director of Communications and VP of Sales and Marketing
on a daily or weekly basis; other AHNA departments and divisions on
a daily or weekly basis (contracts, programs, support and services,
shows & events, flight operations, etc.).
- External Communications: Customers on a weekly or monthly
basis, as part of sales campaigns, shows and events or other
- Onsite: must be onsite at least 60-70% of the time to work with
sales/marketing/flight ops teams
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other
electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, and
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person
and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on flight line
and helipads including safety warnings or alarms.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver
information and participate in communications.
- Equipment Operation: Able to use personal computer, telephone,
copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using
electronic identification card to enter building floors and
- Carrying: able to carry documents, tools, marketing materials,
electronic equipment, up to 30lbs.
- Lifting: able to lift documents, tools, marketing materials,
electronic equipment, up to 30lbs.
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture
and some equipment and tools.
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings,
working on computer.
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or
replace items stored on low shelving or in a/c storage
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices and for long
periods during trade shows.
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice.
- Climbing: able to climb stairs to reach helipads; able to climb
on and off of an aircraft.
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to
retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production
areas including uneven surfaces.
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes,
but is not limited to, Safety Shoes, Safety Glasses, Hearing
Protection, Respirators/Masks, and/or Protective Gloves as required
by site and/or customer site
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status
As a leader in our field, Airbus Helicopters, Inc. provides
relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive
compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not sponsor
visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with
current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus Helicopters, Inc. does not offer tenured or guaranteed
employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the
company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship
at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
NOTE: Airbus Helicopters, Inc. reserves the right to revise or
change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This
position description does not constitute a written or implied
contract of employment.
Keywords: Airbus Group, Grand Prairie , Director, Specialty Sales Team, Executive , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!