Company: DHL eCommerce
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VET
Location: Texas, Grand Prairie (DFWEC)
SUMMARY: Provide human resources leadership and support covering
the areas of recruitment, benefits, training, employee relations,
employee engagement, and safety and HR compliance. Ensure
consistent application of policies and procedures. Serve as a
liaison with internal departments and temporary agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the management of policies, processes and
practices related to recruitment, onboarding, employee relations,
compensation, benefits, performance management and workforce
- Leads department in the development, implementation,
coordination and evaluation of HR related processes.
- Ensures compliance with employment related law.
- Engages and manages temporary agencies to ensure the
fulfillment of open positions. Audits agency compliance.
- Manages Human Resources Business Partner(s) and Human Resources
Administrative Assistant(s) with combined responsibility for
several human resource functions such as recruitment, onboarding,
employee relations, compensation, training, equal
employment/affirmative action, records, safety and health,
benefits, and employee services.
- Conducts research into human resource programs and activities
and recommends changes or innovations where desirable.
- Coordinates, partners and facilitates vendor and/or
DHL-developed training courses for employees.
- Manages risk associated with employee relations.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing
- Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages
performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures,
and performance management processes.
- Corresponds with HR Director and Corporate HR to document and
assist the General Manager in resolving employee issues and/or
employee disciplinary matters.
- Fosters and maintains an employer friendly environment
Facilitates effective and timely communication between all levels
- Performs special projects as assigned by HR Director and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Investigates and coordinates the resolution of employee issues
- Monitors compliance of various HR-related issues (OSHA, Federal
Postings, others); maintains OSHA log.
- Participates in HR internal audits and recommend necessary
- Coordinates the company Employee Opinion survey program and
performance improvement programs for the DC.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- PHR certification required.
- 5 years of supervisory experience.
- 8 years progressive HR related experience required to include
recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, time
keeping, and safety, preferably within a warehouse/production
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able to work several hours at night/early morning at least once
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication
- High level of confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and
- Physical demands are consistent with a warehouse setting
- Regular sitting at work station for 25 - 75% of the work
- Frequent standing and walking
- Up to 10% travel required, to visit other sites, train other
employees and attend meetings.
- Able to work a range of shifts based on operational need.
Keywords: DHL eCommerce, Grand Prairie , HR Manager, Executive , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!