Director, Bank Operations Infrastructure
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Purpose of JobUSAA values a culture that is highly
collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps
employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in
the office and working from home. The actual onsite days are
settled between each employee and the employee's manager.
Candidates are expected to live a commutable distance from one of
our offices in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL,
Chesapeake, VA, Colorado Springs, CO, or Charlotte, NC. This
position also has the option to be remote.
Responsible for the successful strategic implementation and
performance of the Bank's transaction processing systems and
suppliers. Leads the execution of a robust testing function that
solidifies systemic soundness to create an environment that is
adaptable to change. This includes aligning to USAA Enterprise and
Bank's goals and strategic vision for the development of system
components required for processing accounts on the member level.
Responsible for implementing approved strategies impacting
functional area infrastructure. Accommodates risk models and system
designs that maximize effectiveness and minimize bank losses.
Maintains the integrity of the Bank's global test design that
delivers the strategies and P&SA responsibilities for USAA
products, strategy integration and system's successful
execution.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Tasks and
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Manages Banking infrastructure systems to support the
implementation of system designs and processes that enable the
achievement of strategic systems initiatives developed for the
delivery of USAA Bank products to USAA members. -
- Researches, introduces, and implements new technologies that
align with best practices and maximize contact channels for the
effectiveness of products and services being accessed by members in
a timely manner.
- Delivers on Board and/or SOCC approved systems infrastructure
to support functional area strategies successfully.
- Manages all technical aspects of business support for
applicable applications and suppliers. -
- Ensures compliance with bank regulatory requirements and
maintains awareness of risk management practices throughout the
delivery of business transaction processing systems.
- Initiates and introduces control procedures, processes,
techniques, and analytical reporting to achieve and sustain top
tier performance. - Identifies issues and partners within IT to
escalate and resolve priority issues in a timely manner.
- Maintains awareness of changes in security risks, security
measures, and computer systems.
- Makes recommendations to improve efficiency and reduce
- Stays up to date on latest technologies, standards, and tools
and provide vision, ideas and strategies to help move the
organization to the next phase of growth.
- Manages vendor performance to ensure excellent service is
provided and is in alignment with business objectives.Minimum
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of process management and systems development
experience within Banking Operations.
- 5 years of process control and test design experience.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Expert knowledge of numerous systems, how they interface and
process implications to rolling out new/upgraded systems
- Knowledge of applicable Banking laws and regulations to include
but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the
Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Successful working experience within security risk management
in a relates process technology and operations in the financial
- Experience aligning information security compliance with
regulations governing security processes, systems and
- Knowledge of, and experience with security audit requirements
and processes in Bank Operations.
- Extensive experience in core financial institution application
systems and credit/debit card systems.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include:
UDAAP/UDAP, Regulation CC, Regulation E (EFTA), TILA/REG Z,
Regulation B (ECOA).Preferred Skills:
- 5+ Years leadership experience in a high volume Core Banking
transaction processing production team.
- 5+ Years critical supplier management for core banking
- 5+ years working in Agile delivery teams.Compensation:USAA has
an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700.Employees
may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors. Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national average. -
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. - - -Please click on the link below for more
details.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.#FSBUSAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, Grand Prairie , Director, Bank Operations Infrastructure, Executive , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!