Staff - Manager Registered Nurse (RN) - Care Manager - $38-71 per hour
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
Care Manager Manager for a nursing job in Irving, Texas. Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Care Manager
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours
- Employment Type: Permanent JOB SUMMARY The Care Manager RN will
be accountable for assessing and coordinating patient care across
the continuum, utilizing accepted criteria and guidelines to manage
benefits and resolve medical necessity of services provided. This
position will function as a clinician, case manager and educator to
achieve optimal clinical and quality outcomes by effectively
managing care and resources to reduce unnecessary utilization.
Location: Irving, TX Setting: Case Management Schedule: FT Monday-
Friday 12PM - 830PM OR 1PM-9:30PM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Assesses plans, implements, documents, coordinates, monitors,
evaluates and updates the plan of care by partnering with all
members of the health care team to provide evidenced based
- Establishes patient care management plans, interventions,
treatment goals and self-management goals.
- Assesses the health care, educational and psychosocial needs of
the patient and family.
- Assists patients with self-management through education, visits
and telephonic engagement; encourages and helps patient adherence
to their care plans.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends resources to meet medical
and non-medical needs of patients and families. Partners, refers
and communicates across all programs to ensure appropriate
coordination of services.
- Researches and takes an effective role in identifying problems
and possible solutions in the coordination of care to resolve most
- Acts as liaison to hospital, long-term care, specialists and
home health representatives. KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Associate's degree in nursing.
- Specialty Certification highly encouraged.
- Knowledge of care management, resource and utilization
- Skilled in care management and patient assessments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to monitor, assess and record patient progress against
a plan of care.
- Ability to facilitate patient access to community
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external
medical staff and external partners and organizations.
- Ability to assess, adjust, and calmly respond to changing and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with all aspects of patient
information in accordance with all applicable policies and
regulations. BENEFITS Our competitive benefits package includes the
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or levelQUALIFICATIONS- EDUCATION - Associate's-
EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience-
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Registered Nurse
(RN)Recruiter: Alexa ApgarBaylor Scott and White Job ID . Posted
job title: Care Manager RN About Baylor Scott & White Health As the
largest not-for-profit health system in the state of Texas, Baylor
Scott & White promotes the health and well-being of every
individual, family and community it serves. It is committed to
making quality care more accessible, convenient and affordable
through its integrated delivery network, which includes the Baylor
Scott & White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research Institute,
the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance and its leading digital
health platform - MyBSWHealth. Through 51 hospitals and more than
1,100 access points, including flagship academic medical centers in
Dallas, Fort Worth and Temple, the system offers the full continuum
of care, from primary to award-winning specialty care. Founded as a
Christian ministry of healing more than a century ago, Baylor Scott
& White today serves more than three million Texans. Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Grand Prairie , Staff - Manager Registered Nurse (RN) - Care Manager - $38-71 per hour, Executive , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...