Registered Nurse - Hiring Now
Company: Texas Oncology
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Texas Oncology requires employees to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified
Texas Oncology is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our
team!This position will support the Presbyterian Dallas location.
Texas Oncology is the largest community oncology provider in the
country and has approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites across
Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered
community-based cancer care because they believed in making the
best available cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing
people to fight cancer at home with the critical support of family
and friends nearby. Our mission is still the same today-at Texas
Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to deliver
high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our
patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More victories." - in their
fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all
Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis.
Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas
Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any
other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive
benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous
PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a
Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle,
and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an
Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite
What does the Registered Nurse do?
Under minimal supervision, provides professional nursing care for
patients following standards and practices. Demonstrates knowledge
of age specific differences in the patient population including
late adolescence, adulthood, middle age and the elderly. This
includes physiological, psychological, and developmental
differences unique to each group. Supports and adheres to the US
Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Mixes and administers chemotherapy, hydration and other
medications under the direction and supervision of a
- Assists physician with exams and procedures.
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow in and out of
the exam rooms.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including
but not limited to vital signs, height, weight allergies, mediation
- Maintains all exam room disinfection protocols.
- Assesses patients for changes in condition, including but not
limited to abnormal labs, x-rays, scans, drug reactions and
initiates appropriate action.
- Maintains knowledge of reimbursement procedures. Completes all
chemotherapy charge forms. Assures pre-authorization and
appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to administration of
- Demonstrates knowledge of ambulatory infusion pump use and
maintenance, cleaning pumps after use, and proper documentation of
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing
labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose and
consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems and
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains
central lines catheter devices.
- Administers all medications/blood products using correct
medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and
- Displays appropriate technical skills for the administration of
chemotherapy, medications and blood products, to include but not
limited to: venipuncture, central line access and infusion
- Programs portable infusion pumps for continuous drug delivery
and provides instruction to the patient and/or caregiver in the use
of the pump at home.
- Documents nursing assessments, patient teaching, fluid and
medication administration in the patient chart.
- Communicates all pertinent information and interventions to the
- Assures nursing charges are accurate and complete on patient
fee slips. Acts as a resource person to the medial assistants.
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant
information in the patients chart.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other
instruction material. Demonstrates awareness of community resources
available to patients and assist with referral if necessary.
- Manges patient medication refill requirements from the pharmacy
telephone line and records the information in the patient
- Maintains a clean work environment and restocks the supply are
as needed. Provides nursing coverage for the satellite offices as
- Follow OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents,
biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with
a blood borne pathogen.
- Participates in professional development activities and
maintain professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
The ideal candidate for the Registered Nurse (RN) will have the
following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
education, BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of RN experience.
- Willing to consider an entry, mid, or senior level
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
Keywords: Texas Oncology, Grand Prairie , Registered Nurse - Hiring Now, Healthcare , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!