Occupational Therapist (OT) - Glenview Wellness & Rehab
Company: Continuum Rehab Group
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Responsible for the overall day to day operations of occupational
therapy services of the center. Ensures services are provided in
coordination with other divisions, departments and nursing staff to
ensure that quality care is provided and to support the goals and
objectives of the company. Promotes wellness through the completion
of patient assessment, care planning, direct treatment and
consultation to a general rehab caseload.Principal
- Meets the resident's goals and needs and provides quality care
by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results;
determining occupational therapy treatment plans in consultation
with physicians or by prescription.
- Helps residents develop or regain physical or mental
functioning or adjust to disabilities by implementing programs
involving activities of daily living skills, practice in
functional, prevocational, vocational, and homemaking skills,
activities of daily living, and sensorimotor, educational,
recreational, and social activities; directing aides, technicians,
- Adheres to productivity benchmarks as directed by Director of
Rehabilitation, Regional Director and/or VP of Rehabilitation.
- Promotes maximum independence by selecting and constructing
therapies according to individual's physical capacity, intelligence
level, and interest.
- Prepares residents to return to his/her prior living function
and improve quality of life for residents.
- Develop and implement individualized therapy programs designed
to restore, maintain, reinforce, and enhance performance.
- Identify need for and make referral to other disciplines to
address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
- Instruct, educate and train patients and caregivers in the
skills and functions essential for promoting patient independence
and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology.
- Supervise Occupational Therapy Assistants, temporary licensees,
students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure
requirements and professional standards
- Screens and evaluates patients and develops an appropriate plan
- Provides direct patient care in accordance with physician's
orders and under an established plan of care.
- Contributes to the team decision making process.
- Provides training to patients, families, caregivers, and
- Provides clinical documentation on a timely basis.
- Demonstrates working knowledge and application of Medicare,
Medicaid, and other reimbursement systems.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with patients,
families, caregivers, team members, staff, customers, and
- Participates in clinical program development and
implementation. Participates in new learning to remain current in
the field of expertise. Participates in quality improvement
- Participates in orientation of new staff as directed.
- Ensures the delivery of quality rehab services.
- Demonstrates courtesy, compassion, and respect to patients,
caregivers, customers, physicians, and co-workers.
- Maintain Compliance with Compliance Program and plan, adhere to
the Company's Code of Conduct.
- Work with the facility and organizations on case management
needs and requirements.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or
assigned at any time with or without notice.QualificationsGraduate
of an accredited university with a B.S., MA, or M.S. in
Occupational Therapy that is recognized by the AOTA.Recognized by
the NBCOT as a designated OTR (if state mandated)Holds current
license and/or registration in the state (as applicable)For more
information about this opportunity, please contact:
Ayrika Johnson, M.S., PHR - Director of Talent Acquisition
Continuum Rehab Group
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTo view all opportunities
available with Continuum Rehab Group, please visit us at
Keywords: Continuum Rehab Group, Grand Prairie , Occupational Therapist (OT) - Glenview Wellness & Rehab, Healthcare , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!