Operations Manager - 3rd Shift
Company: OSM Worldwide
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: May 8, 2022
OSM Worldwide is a leading provider of domestic and
international package shipping services that reach millions of
addresses around the globe. With today's consumer switch to
ordering product online there is a large market for business to
consumer shipping. Because of this we are growing fast!
We are currently hiring for a full-time Operations Manager for our
fully automated, state-of-the-art Sorting Center located in Grand
Prairie, TX. This position will oversee our entire 3rd shift
operations made up of approximately 35 staff members. General
working hours are 12AM-8AM Monday-Friday. The successful individual
hired will report to the General Manager and will assist in the
day-to-day management of the workforce and will ensure all customer
parcels leave the Sorting Center timely.
This position is primarily responsible for the supervision and
coordination of assigned activities related to the efficient
operation of a company distribution center. This position carries
out management responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing
work; addressing complaints and resolving problems; developing
processes to improve the business.
- Assigns staff and schedules work to facilitate production.
- Directs training or trains workers to operate distribution
- Trains employees and ensures all assigned employees are aware
of and comply with company, government, and customer policies,
procedures, and regulations.
- Directs operation of processes, procedures, and OSM equipment,
and observes operation to detect error or failures.
- Reads monitor and enters commands to help operators identify
and correct errors.
- Notifies superiors if unable to locate and correct cause of
processing error or failure.
- Works with freight carriers to determine delivery of customer
- Revises operation schedule to adjust for delays and
- Prepares or reviews production, operating, and down time
records and reports.
- Recommends changes in programs, routines, and quality control
standards to improve operating efficiency.
- Coordinates flow of work between shifts to ensure
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- H.S. Diploma required; some College preferred.
- At least 4 years distribution center experience required;
previous postal logistics experience a plus.
- Experience leading a team of non-exempt employees.
- Strong leadership and training skills.
- Ability to work within a high pressure team environment.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: OSM Worldwide, Grand Prairie , Operations Manager - 3rd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!