Associate, Software Engineer
Company: CAE USA Inc
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Role and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the PBEG
physics-based environment generator product. Job duties include
design, development, deployment, integration and support of the
product into a multitude of fast jet, helicopter, and UAV
applications. The position is focused on new product feature design
and development utilizing the latest 3D game engine technologies
and concepts. Candidate should be a fast learner with very strong
analysis and problem-solving skills with the ability to carry tasks
through to completion with only general technical direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Development and integration of PBEG into the Training
- Familiarity with all phases of Software Development Cycle
- Strong programming skills
- Experience with developing real-time applications
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Strong C++ skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or
- Understanding of the mathematics associated with 3D
physics/graphics (linear algebra, matrix manipulation)
- Development experience using multiple operating system concepts
- multi-threading, events, semaphores, memory management, and
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented languages and Design
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- Experience with PhysX, Recast, GWEN, Granny 3D, OpenGL, and
Google Protobuf libraries
- Experience with continuous integration development
- Experience developing physics, AI, animation, tools,
networking, or graphics systems
- Experience with Perforce and the Atlassian suite (primarily
Jira, Crucible, and Confluence)
- Experience developing and delivering video games
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage
policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking
and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall
not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees
not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside
company without management approval. All government and proprietary
information will be accessed and stored electronically on company
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security
Work is sometimes performed in an environment where irritants such
as noise, temperature, and lighting variations may exist.
- Works at job activities that require sitting, standing or
walking for short periods throughout the day and focused visual
concentration or focused listening
- Extended work hours and second or third shift assignments are
likely to be encountered
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to perform normal office duties (e.g. sitting for
long periods at a desk)
- Must be able to travel CONUS/OCONUS via car and airplane
- Must be able to climb stairs to enter and exit a simulator
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for
employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will
not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees
or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those
whose background and experience match the requirements of the role
will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work
as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality,
colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for
ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender
Keywords: CAE USA Inc, Grand Prairie , Associate, Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!