Information Technology Technician (3rd Shift)
Company: Flex-N-Gate Corporation
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Scope of the Position The Information Technology Technician's
role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can
accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving,
prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help
requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of approved
diagnostics and help tools, as well as require that the individual
give hands-on help at the desktop level. Responsibilities
- Evaluate documented resolutions and suggest ways to prevent
- Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone,
email and text in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user problem or issue.
- Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate
- Record, track, and document - help desk request,
problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful
decisions made, and brief IT Support Supervisor on final
- Use only approved diagnostic utilities to aid in
- Access approved software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and
frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and
supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including
installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and
configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved and
report all finding and final resolutions.
- Perform post-resolution follow-up, with users and
- Available for support calls 24/7
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding,
specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental
Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 4 year work experience in related field required.
- Recommended certificates in information systems
- Recommended completion of a one-year college level
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and application
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows XP,
7 and 8
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and the ability to
present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Be prompt, directed, reliable, self-motivated and highly
- Keen attention to detail and able to effectively prioritize and
execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on
rapport-building, listening, and questioning.Working Conditions
- Assist users in production areas while limiting impact of
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard,
mouse, power tools, hand tools, and to handle other computer
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (60 lbs.
from time to time and 25 lbs. regularly), such as computers,
servers, battery backups and other peripherals.
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful
- Agility to work in manufacturing environment, close quarters
and multi-task.This job description is not inclusive. The duties,
experience, functions, and any other descriptions herein may be
changed at any time and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
The company reserves the right to add, delete, or otherwise alter
these responsibilities when and as necessary. - Benefits
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability
insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous
learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation timeWhat do our employees have to
say?"It engages you professionally, and provides learning
opportunities.""Lots of growth opportunity.""The company's young
enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable."Not just a
job-a great place to work!Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Flex-N-Gate Corporation, Grand Prairie , Information Technology Technician (3rd Shift), IT / Software / Systems , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!