Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSystems Administrator SUMMARY:The Systems
Administrator will oversee installation, maintenance, and security
of company intranets and computer systems. Duties involve routine
and ad-hoc administration responsibilities including but not
limited to: server management, cloud systems management, system
builds, image management, systems security, logs reviews, backups,
storage configurations, virtual platform management, patch
management, antivirus administration, hardware and software
upgrades, performance and functionality troubleshooting, task
automation, creation of system documentation, and continuous
service improvement. Configures software and resolves technical
problems. Monitors and maintains software licensing and maintenance
agreements. Work is generally independent and collaborative in
nature. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deploy, administer, monitor, maintain, test and support all
aspects of endpoint technologies and Microsoft Windows
infrastructure including hardware, operating systems, server
resources, clients, systems and key processes.
- Identify, anticipate, troubleshoot and proactively respond to/
correct all levels of and system problems for Microsoft Windows,
SQL Server, Active Directory and Group Policy, Exchange, Hyper-V,
PKI, SCCM, Kaseya VSA, Microsoft 365, file servers, iSCSI SANS,
print servers, and other server/client applications.
- Responsible for the security administration of Windows PC's,
Servers, Windows Domain, and Active Directory.
- Configure and maintain Microsoft 365 environment
- Manage and administer Hyper-V environment with Failover
- Maintain storage environment, including DFS file servers, iSCSI
- Manage and optimize PKI infrastructure
- Monitor and report system security, performance, and events
utilizing system monitoring tools such as Kaseya VSA, System
Center, InTune, etc.
- Manage and maintain endpoint systems management
- Use Kaseya VSA and SCCM/WDS to design, build, maintain, deploy,
and update Endpoint images and applications.
- Analyze, document, package, test, MS patches/rollups and 3rd
party products (Adobe, Java, etc.…), in accordance with company
security standards and to ensure workstations and servers are in
- Monitor and maintain software asset management and license
tracking for compliance.
- Deploy, maintain, and manage Endpoint Security software.
- Perform routine and emergency system maintenance
- Develop, document and implement operating procedures and
participate in training as required.
- Manage backup/restore systems and processes for all servers and
critical client systems.
- Analyze current processes and procedures; drive
- Advise and participate in the development of network systems
architecture, design, and ongoing review of system configurations
in collaboration with relevant team members.
- Respond to and resolve issue requests via a ticketing
- Track, manage and resolve root causes of desktop services
issues; prevent future incidents
- Participate in the "on-call" rotation.
- Periodically visits remote facilities to perform maintenance,
deployment, installation, inventory, etc.
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and
- Maintain excellent communication with the IT Manager and key
stakeholders on all tasks and projects.
- Works with IT Team in planning and implementing system
security, managing host security, file permissions, and file system
integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant
state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years' experience in Information Technology in
an administrator role
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge with installation,
configuration, operation, performance tuning, troubleshooting and
management of Windows Server (2012r2 - 2021) and Windows client
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of Active Directory & Group
- Demonstrates strong knowledge with PowerShell and scripting
- Strong knowledge of Hyper-V virtualization and Failover
- iSCSI SAN optimization
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2013-2019
and Exchange Online
- Strong knowledge of M365 E3
- Deep understanding of Kaseya VSA
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the mechanics and
processes for developing end to end provisioning processes in
Kaseya VSA to including monitoring, alerting, software deployment,
- Knowledge of SQL as it pertains to the design and maintenance
of the application databases and reporting services (SSRS)
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of virtualization technologies
with Microsoft Hyper-V
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Create and maintains good technical documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Being flexible and adaptable. MINIMUM CANDIDATE
REQUIREMENTS:Bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years of experience
directly related to the duties and responsibilities
specified.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:· Several
years' experience with Windows Server platforms with an emphasis on
Active Directory. · Microsoft Hyper-V· Exchange 2013+/Exchange
Online· Micorosft 365· PKI· File Servers/DFS· Print Servers· SQL
Server· Kaseya VSA· McAfee ePO · Experience with Windows 10/11,
Windows Server, Dell Servers & PCs, and network printers
- Knowledge of storage hardware and network storage technologies·
Knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations· Windows scripting and
PowerShell· Advanced hardware & software troubleshooting skills. ·
Maintains quality customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and
is a team player with the ability to work well independently. ·
Must possess above average organization skills, excellent
communication skills, and can demonstrate problem solving skills. ·
Considered an out of the box thinker and displays a willingness to
learn. · Ability to effectively communicate and resolve internal
and external customer issues on all levels of the organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work
requires extensive work using a computer. Responsibilities may
require evening, night, and weekend work in response to needs of
the systems being supported. Requires participation in on-call
support on a rotating schedule. Some travel required to remote
office locations. Occasionally required to lift or move up to 45
Keywords: CareFlite, Grand Prairie , Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!