Senior Software Engineer - Guidewire
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer
- Guidewire for our San Antonio or Plano, TX facility. This person
may also work remotely.
We are seeking a Senior Guidewire to help with the USAA Noblr
Integration efforts. The candidate selected for this position will
have an opportunity to work on projects supporting Noblr
implementation and integration initiatives. You will drive the
implementation of Guidewire Claims Center and Contact Manager
across the Noblr division of USAA. You will use your experience and
ability to influence and guide others to help set strategic
technical direction for the solution, ensuring that it aligns to
long term architectural direction and meets or exceeds business
expectations. You will work directly with senior members of the
business and technology organizations to define a strategic roadmap
and drive its execution. To successfully integrate, your team will
work with many different types of technologies and solutions
including policy admin, payment platforms and accounting.
The candidate will join high performing Agile teams, providing
products and services that have an opportunity to significantly
impact organizational growth and effectiveness through delivering
best in class technology solution
Engineering Professions Jobs that are part of a community have
unique requirements established to maintain consistent application,
usage and reporting structure. Please reach out to your HR Business
Partner for additional information on specific requirements prior
to posting and/or employee placement into this job.
Provides support to the Enterprise through delivering best in class
technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems
and application development lifecycle which include gathering and
analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting, and
implementing software, responding to outages.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.About USAA ITOur most meaningful qualification isn't
technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a
screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every
day.We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more
passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of
supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals
focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to
add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find
exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. - -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions
across many technologies to tie together existing systems and
- Lead code/design reviews with team to ensure smooth daily
operations and accurate planning.
- Develop complex algorithms to solve business needs
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system
technical problems and production issues by directing
troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions.
- Mentors' engineers, coach engineers on design, development, and
maintenance of systems; Review teammates' code
- Influence architecture, quality standards and understand,
identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify system performance issues and optimize solutionMinimum
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond
the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth
of technical understanding within a specific
- 4 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all
phases of the software systems and application development
lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Basic Understanding of one or more of the following: Java,
- Demonstrated experience researching technical issues and
generating creative/innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience addressing production issues by
troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and
secure system fundamentalsPreferred experience:
- Experience implementing Guidewire ClaimCenter in the cloud
- Extensive experience customizing Guidewire products, especially
- 6+ years of experience in the Insurance domain
- Guidewire certification on v10 of ClaimCenter (Guidewire
Certified Associate, Specialist, or Ace - InsuranceSuite
- 2+ years of experience in Gosu DevelopmentThe above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective method for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is:
$106,800 - $192,300*Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.Relocation
assistance is Not Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Grand Prairie , Senior Software Engineer - Guidewire, IT / Software / Systems , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!