Lead Distribution Team Member
Company: Papa John's
Location: Grand prairie
Posted on: May 3, 2021
THIS IS A CORPORATE POSITION
The Better Ingredients and Better Pizza Team!
The Distribution Team Leader manages all aspects of the warehouse
and distribution operation within the Quality Control Center (QCC)
to ensure excellence in customer service through product
availability and timely delivery of products to Papa John's
What's on the Menu:
- Act as liaison with In-Bound Transportation Manager to resolve
problems with delivery, order accuracy, supply, invoicing and
rejections of in-bound freight.
- Maintain a high level of productivity through on-the-job
training, measurement and follow-up.
- Perform weekly inventory counts to ensure adequate product
supply; order product from selected vendors as needed.
- Monitor daily distribution of all products, including accurate
records of all transactions, purchase orders, packing slips,
restaurant invoices, debit/credit memos and inventory count.
- Partner with transportation team to accomplish efficient
- Maintain productivity standards by providing metrics
surrounding key performance indicators. Recommend ways to increase
productivity levels/performance through knowledge of formal
continuous improvement methodology (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma,
- Develop and manage department budget and manage all financial
aspects of the department including capital project estimates and
- Effectively manage labor through planning and scheduling.
- Maintain an organized, efficient and sanitary warehouse and
loading dock area.
- Manage & develop distribution team by conducting regularly
scheduled meetings, timely performance reviews and effectively
resolving performance issues.
- Lead and participate in system wide cross-functional teams and
- Establish department goals and objectives in alignment with
Center and Company goals.
- Function as a key member on the Center Leadership Team in
leading and demonstrating Papa John's Core values while ensuring
daily business and customer service objectives are achieved.
- Adhere to all Papa John's International and PJ Food Service
policies as stated in company manuals, training manuals or other
What are some perks?
- Take advantage of our Dough & Degrees program! We'll pay 100%
of tuition for undergraduate and graduate online degree programs
through Purdue University Global for eligible team members.
- Hourly Team Member MONTHLY BONUS!!
- Paid Time off to enjoy the GREAT things LIFE must offer!
- Recognition for a job well done with a monthly awards and pizza
day. (MMM. Pizza.)
- Career advancement opportunities
- Working with great people in a smaller environment
- Affordable health insurance options - just ask for
- Able to effectively communicate and provide verbal and written
direction in English required.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift and manual/electric
- General understanding of mechanical and mathematical skills
- Working knowledge of basic principles of food manufacturing
(including Good Manufacturing Practices) and distribution
- AS400 / Warehouse Management System knowledge.
- Ability to develop and execute budgetary items for
- Microsoft Office experience required (Word, Excel,
- PeopleSoft, Kronos, AS400 application experience
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree or equivalent experience in industrial/food
- 1+ years management support experience required.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and
audits required, i.e., USDA audits, HACCP, etc.
Exciting things are happening at Papa John's corporate
restaurants. Work where the best ingredient is YOU!
Great things are happening at Papa John's! If you are looking for a
fulfilling career with an international company, flavored with
challenging work, mixed with professional development
opportunities, a competitive salary and a collaborative team
environment, then look no further! Papa John's seeks people who
share our philosophy for success, are looking for quality business
practices and meaningful work. All these combine to produce not
only the best pizza, but also the best team members!
Papa John's has over 5,000 locations in 44 countries and
territories around the world. We offer a competitive benefits and
compensation package. Driven to be the best. Better Ingredients.
Better People. ®
Keywords: Papa John's, Grand Prairie , Lead Distribution Team Member, Other , Grand prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!