Lean Process Improvement Engineer III
Location: grand prairie
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Lean Process Engineer (LPI) is the internal Practitioner
responsible for deploying the Printpack Performance System (PPS).
In this role, the LPI Engineer serves as subject matter expert,
teacher and mentor, and primary change agent for Printpack's
Continuous Improvement program. This person is the driving force
behind the program and associated improvements in safety, quality,
waste, productivity and service.
Minimum Requirements & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree minimum (engineering or other related
- 3-5 years experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years experience in the field of Process Improvement
- Lean Six Sigma certification: Green Belt minimum or Black Belt
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience with the application of Lean and Six Sigma
Continuous Improvement tools and methodology in solving business
problems and driving business gains
- Demonstrated success leading project teams
- Demonstrated success influencing up and down the
- Engaging personality with strong interpersonal skills
- Proven teacher/facilitator with outstanding communication
- Ability to utilize a combination of technical and soft skills
to effectively coach and guide teams.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and effective conflict
resolution in both systematic and creative ways
- Effective discernment skills to know when to use empathic or
methodical strategies to drive culture change
- Adaptability - proven ability to "think on your feet"
- Ability to facilitate online meetings seamlessly
- Spanish language fluency a plus
Key responsibilities include:
- Function as a champion and subject matter expert in the
implementation and maintenance of the Printpack Performance System
(a high engagement business operating system).
- Work with plants and project teams to assist and facilitate
training, implementation and standardization of Lean and Six Sigma
tools and methodology to increase process efficiencies and reduce
- Work closely with Process Engineers, Department Managers and
Plant Management to define, develop, and implement strategies for
continual improvement in all processes of the business with
particular focus on eliminating/reducing top quality and waste
- Develop training to help foster Lean Manufacturing and Total
Productive Maintenance initiatives across the company.
- Focus on improving customer satisfaction through process
standardization, process controls, timely customer response, and
working continuously to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Follow-up on assigned projects to monitor the progress of
planned improvement initiatives to assure timely action,
appropriate management support, and achievement of expected
benefits. Use appropriate measurement, analysis, and evaluation
methods to identify and document process improvements.
- Working with key leaders to help merge the Printpack
Performance System (a high engagement business operating system)
and the Printpack Quality Management System.
- Develop reports of Lean and Continuous Improvement activities
including accomplishments, participation, projected activities, and
- Approximately 70% travel (Post-Covid-19)
Printpack is proudly an equal opportunity employer. We are
committed to creating an inclusive environment. Embracing diversity
not only enhances our work culture - it is vital to our success. We
do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital/parental status, genetic information, age, national origin,
ancestry, ethnicity, disability, marital status, military or
veteran status or affiliation, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
To view your rights and government notices, please see the links
EEO EEO (Spanish) EEO Supplement EEO Supplement (Spanish)
E-Verify USERRA Rights FMLA FMLA (Spanish) Pay Transparency
Polygraph Protection Right to Work Right to Work (Spanish)
Printpack is committed to help individuals with disabilities
participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to
compete for jobs. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist
you with your application for employment or job search, please
contact us by sending an email to CorpRecruiting@Printpack.com.
Please include in your email a brief description of the
accommodation you are requesting and the position for which you are
interested in applying.
Keywords: Printpack, Grand Prairie , Lean Process Improvement Engineer III, Other , grand prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!