Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: May 6, 2021
PDS Tech is seeking a PreSorter in Grand Prairie, TXSummary:
- Ensures that the mail is reviewed for proper date, postage, and
good quality barcodes prior to being placed in the appropriate mail
trays by verifying the zip codes on the mail match the mail trays
- Checks for presort endorsement on the mail.
- Ensures that finished mail is organized neatly and placed right
side up facing forward.
- Communicates errors found in the mail to operator or supervisor
to prevent re-work of mail. Keeps postage metered rejects separated
by postage rate.
- Keeps mail separated by specific jobs.
- Removes mail piece jams from machine by pulling mail backward
and upward to avoid damaging the mail.
- Ensures that jammed mail is forwarded to the assigned bin to be
properly sorted under proper client number, to avoid double counts
on the machine.
- Forwards empty and unsealed envelopes to the correction
- Recognizes bad barcodes and notifies the operator.
- Ensures all mail is cleared from all sort bins on the machine
and racks for mailing.
- Prepares outgoing mail for sleeving by placing full mail trays
into tray sleeve.
- Keeps mail bins stocked by replacing mail trays and tag holders
when they are low.
- Keeps work area clean by placing mail bins under machines or in
- Picks up plastic straps and strapping material off floors to
prevent possible tripping hazards.
- Demonstrates safety and security precautions and follows
company policies. Normal Schedule: 2nd Shift 12:30am-08:30am
- Must be willing to work overtime in the form of 12-hour shifts
- 12 hours from 12:30pm-4:30am Mandatory Skills:
- Must have good attendance
- Ability to understand and follow verbal direction and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while paying
attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully work as a member of a team with a
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the
employee is regularly required to stand, speak clearly, hear, use
hand and fingers, reach with hands or arms, and lift and/or move
7-50 pounds. The employee is required to walk, stand, stoop or bend
approximately 90% of the timePDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran
status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or
other legally protected status. Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is
one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31
offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Grand Prairie , Presorter, Other , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!