Nursing Instructor - PT - Days 6 AM to 2:30 PM Thursday's & Friday's
Company: Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: May 31, 2021
- Prepare for class starts by organizing student material and
texts to be distributed.
- Prepare lesson/unit plans and submit to the Program Director
and/or Academic Dean.
- Organize and present subject matter in a meaningful way to
- Develop course material and evaluation tools as needed, with
approval of Program Director or Academic Dean.
- Instruct classes as assigned.
- Evaluate student progress.
- Advise students at mid-term and term end with
- Evaluate students on professionalism (appearance/dress code,
- Maintain student records, grades, and attendance. Post on
permanent record sheets daily.
- Research and prepare all lecture materials in advance of class
- Notify students of make-up work due.
- Tutor students during make-up time.
- Monitor students during make-up time.
- Keep informed of current standards related to instructional
- Maintain a classroom environment conductive to learning.
- Attend outside workshops and seminars on improving
instructional and professional skills when time and resources
- Supplement student material when needed.
- Attend orientations, staff meetings, and faculty meetings as
- Assist with preparations for graduation ceremonies.
- Attend graduation ceremonies.
- Assist in inventory and ordering of supplies and texts.
- Maintain classrooms in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Assist in maintenance of equipment.
- Report any down equipment to the Program Director or Academic
- Maintain a cheerful, enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Assist financial aid and administrative departments by
providing information as needed.
- Assist in distributing student recognition pins and attendance
- Refer students to the Program Director and/or Academic Dean if
additional advising is necessary.
- Refer students having excess of three (3) absences to the
Program Director or Academic Dean.
- Faculty should remain in classrooms for all assigned
- Faculty should adhere to scheduled student breaks.
- Faculty will utilize instructional plans.
- Faculty will direct and assess student progress in achieving
theory content: cognitive) and performance (competencies:
psychomotor and affective) requirements of the program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director or Academic
- Current license and privilege to practice nursing in the state
- BSN from an accredited nursing school preferred
- Must have been actively employed in nursing in the past four
- If the instructor has not been actively employed in nursing in
the past three years, the instructors advanced preparation in
nursing, nursing education and nursing administration and prior
relevant nursing employment may be taken into consideration in
evaluating the qualifications for the position
- Must have had four years varied nursing experience since
- Must also meet all regulatory and corporate qualifications
- Must meet approval of regulatory board in order to hold
Keywords: Concorde Career Colleges, Inc., Grand Prairie , Nursing Instructor - PT - Days 6 AM to 2:30 PM Thursday's & Friday's, Other , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!