Interested in a career with both
meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient
care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration
and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our
mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities
entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a
diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than
125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to
learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a
job. It’s our passion.
- None. Experience
- Must have two years experience in determining financial
eligibility for government funding, program funding, public funding
or patient assistance programs in a physician or hospital business
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or
experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must be able to interview patients for the purpose of
financial eligibility determination.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of
personal computers and other standard office equipment.
- Must have basic knowledge of medical software.
-Must have basic knowledge of public assistance programs and
- Must have knowledge of third party payors and insurance
verification procedures, and understand managed care and insurance
- Must be detail oriented, possess basic mathematical
skills, and have sharp analytical skills to resolve financial
issues as they relate to multiple groups including third party
payors, physicians, patients and the system.
- Must demonstrate a positive demeanor, good verbal and
written communication skills, and be professional in both
appearance and approach.
- Must be able to handle potentially stressful situations
and multiple tasks simultaneously including instructing and
counseling patients regarding Parkland payment policies and public
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients,
families, government entities, insurance companies, and Parkland
- Must be able to solve problems within the guidelines of
established policies and procedures.
- Basic medical terminology knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to successfully complete additional job
related training when offered.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits
discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, genetic information, disability, national
origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran