Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
Company: American Addiction Centers
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: June 6, 2021
If you are searching for a fulfilling place to develop your
career and an opportunity to make a difference in helping others,
then keep reading on. Here at AAC, we have a progressive culture;
we listen to your ideas, value a work/life balance, invest in
education, and we foster trust and respect for all individuals. Our
exceptional comp and strong benefits include company matching 401K,
medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We are looking for our
future leaders, who are not only going to fill the qualifications
for this job description, but who are going to exceed expectations.
Be a part of a team whose mission is to provide quality,
compassionate, and innovative care to adults struggling with
addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our purpose and
passion are to empower patients, their families, and our
communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal
wellness of the mind, body, and spirit.
Duties and Responsibilities: to include but not limited to the
- Follow Physician instructions on detox protocol and
- Monitor Clients physical and emotional well-bing. Vital Signs
checked every 4 hours (the first 24 hours , vitals should be
checked every 2 hours or per MD order.
- Monitor client's vital signs for withdrawal
- Write notes and reports, as protocol and procedures
- Document and report on client's status to team members.
- Complete transcriptions of doctor's orders pertaining to
modified detox protocol.
- Assist clients with all medications via administration
monitoring and /or administer medications as directed by the
appropriate or assigned health care professional (i.e. Medical
Director , Doctor, RN, etc.)
- Assist clients with personal hygiene.
- Attend job-related meetings, in-service trainings, staff
development training, participates in team problem solving methods,
building rapport, responds to request, and maintains a cooperative
relation among the health care team by communicating
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory levels, anticipating needing supplies, and
placing orders for supplies.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Current LVN license in State of operations required or LPT
license in State of operations.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Two years of experience as an LVN or in a health-related field
- Knowledge of basic principles, practices and techniques of drug
and alcohol intervention.
- Knowledge of medications effects, indications, and
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write
clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar.
Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to
questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Candidates in recovery must have 2+ years of sobriety.
AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all
employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that
are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability
Keywords: American Addiction Centers, Grand Prairie , Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT), Other , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!