Company: American Addiction Centers
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: June 6, 2021
If you are searching for a fulfilling place to develop your
career and an opportunity to make a difference in helping others,
then keep reading on. Here at AAC, we have a progressive culture;
we listen to your ideas, value a work/life balance, invest in
education, and we foster trust and respect for all individuals. Our
exceptional comp and strong benefits include company matching 401K,
medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We are looking for our
future leaders, who are not only going to fill the qualifications
for this job description, but who are going to exceed expectations.
Be a part of a team whose mission is to provide quality,
compassionate, and innovative care to adults struggling with
addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our purpose and
passion are to empower patients, their families, and our
communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal
wellness of the mind, body, and spirit.
Responsible for providing individual, group and family
counseling. Conduct clinical assessments for new patients and
on-going required assessments. Counselor III will demonstrate
expertise in therapeutic interventions, treatment modalities and
utilize evidence based practices. Counselor III will participate in
Treatment team and provide service coordination as needed for
patients. Counselor III will advocate and communicate with the
Utiliziation Review department on all aspects of patient care.
American Addiction Centers strives to ensure that all of our
patients receive the most comprehensive care to address the issues
that may impede their recovery.
Duties and Responsibilities: to include but not limited to the
- Provide intervention, assessments, treatment planning, triage
and individual/group counseling.
- Initiate and provide family counseling services.
- Provide clinical services to all patients on caseload and
assist when needed with other patients as assigned by clinical
- Provides clinical supervision to assigned interns.
- Participate in weekly treatment team meeting and program staff
- Ensure that all documentation necessary meet contract,
licensure, accreditation and standards for services in a timely
manner following the AAC's documentation policy guidelines.
- Communicate efficiently with other departments to ensure the
best care for patient.
- Provide clinical services to outpatient and inpatient adult
- Understand and abide by State Department standards, facility
accreditation, AAC's policy and procedures.
- Demonstate dependability and adaptability.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and company
- Abide by the standards of HIPAA, 42 CFR Part 2.
- Assists in monitoring and managing patient community as a
- Intervenes in crisis to deescalates situation and resolves
crises, using events as entries into therapeutic processes for
- Diagnose substance use disorder and/or other co-occurring
psychiatric disorders within scope of practice.
- Master's Degree in Behavioral Sciences required (social work,
counseling or psychology).
- Unrestricted license to practice in the State of employment (
LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, etc.).
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a behavioral healthcare
- Experience working with substance abuse, addictions, mental
health, cognitive behavior treatment and motivational
- Knowledge of utilizing electronic health record software and
- Knowledge of ASAM criteria.
- Counseling experience with adults, an understanding of
psychotropic medications and symptoms and effects.
- Ability to read, write and interpret written information, type
documentation, present information to groups and participates in
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and flexible
- Valid driver license and insurable driving record (If driving a
company vehicle or if driving personal vehicle for company
business; refer to Guidelines for Driving Company Vehicles).
AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all
employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that
are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability
Keywords: American Addiction Centers, Grand Prairie , Counselor III, Other , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!