Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The AWS Developer will be responsible for the maintenance and
growth of the company data lake, which is being developed in
conjunction with AWS professional services. The Developer will work
in conjunction with the existing Business Intelligence team and
users to plan for the future of analytics, and with the other
members of the Development team to plan to include new data
sources. This is a great opportunity to lead a new but
well-established data project.
- Data lake is operational and reliable.
- The data lake has and strictly follows the data governance
policy designed by the IT Risk Management team.
- Analysts are able to complete detailed and accurate data
- The Development team understands the data lake and are able to
use it with and feed it from development projects.
- Maintains the existing data lake platform
- Participates in a team-based development process; contributes
to user story writing efforts, design discussions, and demos
- Solves or recommends solutions for complex data issues and
problems, including both modifying existing features and developing
- Fosters strong relationships with analysts who will use the
- Partners with the Operations team to use and/or modify the
DevOps pipelines already built for the project
- Assist in the development of logical specifications
- Documents designs, issues, solutions, tips & tricks as
- Stays current in IT technologies and committed to growing new
skills over time
- Learns from and teaches teammates who are skilled in different
technical areas, such as database administrators, developers, and
- Work effectively and positively in a deeply cross-functional
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills,
including presentation skills and technical documentation skills,
are an absolute must.
- Communicate effectively with technical peers and managers in
either in-person or remote collaboration sessions.
- Expertise in developing with AWS technologies including S3,
Kinesis, Glue, Lambda, Reshift, and Athena
- Work in an environment using AWS DevOps technologies including
CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CDK, and others
- Deep knowledge of database technologies including SQL and
DynamoDB; experience with others preferred
- Deep knowledge of data design and engineering
- Tableau experience sufficient to communicate effectively with
- Proficiency in Python
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with teammates working in
a different technology stack.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 10 years in any technology role; at least 5 years in working in
a data engineering or data science role
- AWS Solution Architect Professional, AWS Database Associate,
and AWS Data Analytics certifications or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of professional experience working with data
lakes is strongly preferred
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in computer science or a
Keywords: Ascendum, Grand Prairie , AWS Developer, Other , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!