Specialist, Systems Engineer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Description: Specialist, Systems Engineer Job Description: We
are seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a
Specialist, Systems Engineer. This position supports a
mission-critical sensor programs with assignments spanning the
range of systems engineering activities needed to develop and
deliver our products. This individual should have systems
engineering experience in large development programs. The
successful individual will bring their passion for system
definition, analysis, architecting, requirements definition, and
design, and be able to adapt, communicate, and deliver on cutting
edge and world-class sensor systems. L3Harris Space & Sensors
Division designs and manufactures complex electro-optical and
electro-mechanical systems for the defense, aerospace, and
commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in
Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support
surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection
missions. Essential Functions:
- Responsibilities include review, analysis, and understanding of
program level objectives, system concept of operation, sensor
system and subsystem equipment, functions, interfaces, and
- Develop product architecture and define system behavior and
requirements. Able to use a range of methods and tools to capture
stakeholder and system requirements, and facilitate discussion and
understanding of system usage.
- Collaborate with other Systems Engineers in the development of
work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived
and Linked Requirements, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams,
Systems Analyses, Trade Studies, and Detailed Designs.
- Able to effectively communicate and transfer system
architecture and design knowledge with other functions including
Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Program
Management, Suppliers, and Customers.
- Support and coordination of Integration & testing planning for
complex subsystems across all interfaces (i.e., mechanical,
electrical, and software), which includes planning, and analysis,
evaluation, and/or troubleshooting of system operation.
- Able to effectively brief status and results to program and
customer senior leadership.
- Actively work with peers and specialists on cross-functional
teams to solve a wide range of difficult and unique issues to meet
shared product milestones.
- Development and coordination of engineering artifacts for
program design reviews. Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in engineering from accredited four-year college or
university and a minimum of 4 years of applicable systems
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering, with
application of rigorous systems engineering processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well within and
outside of the organization including customers, vendors, and
- Must have the ability to obtain a US Secret Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills/Experience:
- Experience with SysML and MBSE.
- Graduate degree in engineering.
- Demonstrated proposal-writing capability.
- Prior systems engineering experience on at least two programs,
with at least one program being a large scale and complex program
(i.e., > 10 System Engineers and/or > $50M).
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Grand Prairie , Specialist, Systems Engineer, Other , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!