Cyber Systems Security Engineer/Orlando or Dallas
Company: Lockheed Martin
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: November 23, 2021
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees,
families and communities. With employee health and safety as our
top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is
taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID
variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments
to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID
Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly
hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully
vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:At Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC)
you'll have an opportunity to create a better
world every day. For most individuals, our work
challenges belong merely to headlines and
tweets but our employees routinely experience
a broad range of programs and projects, each
geared to important human needs. Whatever
your assignment, you'll use your education and
experience to take on formidable challenges.
Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a
global technology leader to back the kind of
innovation that has characterized our historic
MFC is seeking a Cyber System
Security Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie,
Texas or Orlando, FL. The candidate will have the opportunity to be
involved in some of Lockheed Martin
Missiles and Fire Control's highly innovative and
ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the
aerospace industry. You will leverage your technical, and
interpersonal skills in a structured team framework and work in a
cross-functional engineering Team environment.
This role will be responsible for:
- Providing embedded System Security Engineering design and
implementation in all aspects of System Security Engineering (SSE)
process in development of Department of Defense (DoD) Weapon
- Assessing and mitigating System Security threats/risks throughout
the embedded Weapon System development life cycle.
- Validating System Security Engineering requirements
decomposition, allocation and analysis for embedded DoD Weapon
- Implementing System Security Engineering solutions in both DoD
Weapon Systems hardware and software.
- Verifying implementation of system security requirements in both
DoD Weapon Systems hardware and software.
- Designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining state of the
art embedded System Security architectures and countermeasures to
protect and enable innovative new Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire
- Analyzing weaknesses, vulnerabilities and threats against System
Security posture of new Weapon System product designs.
- Prototyping and testing embedded System Security countermeasures
that defend against cyber-attacks against Lockheed Martin Missiles
and Fire Control Weapon System products.
- Embedding yourself amongst Hardware, Firmware, Software, and
Systems Engineers to define and
integrate System Security Engineering into a wide range of high
integrity, security and safety-
critical Weapon Systems.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related
discipline (Computer Engineering, Software Engineering), or
equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of
professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with
a related Master's degree.
- Experience working within the DoD systems development life-cycle
- Implementing System Security requirements on DoD systems to meet
U.S. government compliance requirements.
- Experience supporting validation and verification of security
requirements on DoD systems
Extensive Experience developing embedded DoD National Security
Systems (NSS) requiring Systems Security Engineering
Design experience through the DoD systems development life-cycle
(SDLC) developing embedded system security solutions for DoD weapon
or tactical systems
- Demonstrates both tactical as well as strategic thinking and
creative problem solving.
- Experience with IP and Networking Theory.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate
- Experience with embedded system vulnerability scanning and
Software Assurance (SwA) activities.
- Possess an approved DoD 8570 baseline
certification for IAT Level II (CISSP, CAP, etc.).
-Maintaining, developing and/or supporting test equipment hardware
and/or software supporting
the security posture of Weapon System hardware, sub-systems,
- Strong understanding of System Security Engineering (SSE)
principals and process. (NIST SP 800-161)
- Experience in the identification, decomposition, allocation and
verification of NIST SP 800-53 Security Controls on DoD systems
- Experience in supporting Security Verification testing on
developed DoD Weapon Systems
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our
customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand
extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're
dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to
change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast
team works with partners around the world to bring proven
performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin
has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and
Internationally, with business locations in many nations and
Keywords: Lockheed Martin, Grand Prairie , Cyber Systems Security Engineer/Orlando or Dallas, Other , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!