Company: Rugby Architectural Building Products
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Overview: Rugby is looking for its next Purchasing
Administrator! Are you a person who thrives independently? Do you
enjoy motivating people to excel? What kind of Purchasing
Administrator are we looking for?
- A strategic planner who thrives on challenge and appreciates
driving new business using knowledge and experience.
- Is knowledgeable in distribution management.
- Analyzing data and critical thinking to create operational
efficiency for branches
- Wants to be a part of a company that continues to demonstrate a
commitment to excellence in our relationship with our customers,
vendors and employees. Position Summary: The Purchasing
Administrator is responsible for maintaining appropriate product
inventory levels. Working and communicating with team members as
well as management on product delivery, and order information.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Analyze inventory levels, purchasing the accurate amounts to
maintain product levels per company and specific regions
- Communicate with managers and team members on the order flow
- Define internal stakeholder needs to vet, identify and onboard
appropriate vendors for products. Source products according to
branch specific product mix.
- Negotiate with new and existing vendors for best service
- Resolve conflicts with delivery and other situations as they
- Ability to maintain acceptable fill rates and inventory
- Listening and learning from management team on their feedback
regarding the product from pricing, inventory value and management
of levels for their branch.
- Manage records on current and prior orders accurately and
- Establish trends based on historical information and use this
data to forecast product needs.
- Inspect accuracy of received orders against invoices and
- Update and correct inventory data according to company policies
and procedures. Job Requirements (Knowledge and Skills)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written) including the
ability to communicate effectively to all levels of an organization
both internally and externally
- Proficient in Excel and Outlook
- Skillful with data analytics and projection
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, achieve goals and
- Attention to detail and ability to work unsupervised
- Preferred experience with Purchasing and Inventory
- Actively engage in Rugby Nation Essential Physical
- Be able to use hands to operate a computer or other keyboard
- Movement from sitting to standing and walking a variety of
distances frequently throughout the day
- Be able to lift and carry products from 5-20 lbs. weight to
demonstrate features and functions to the customer
- The functions of this position are usually performed in a
climate-controlled office; however, this position may be exposed to
modest amounts of heat, dust, fumes and noise Whats in it for you:
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive Medical Dental Vision
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Traditional & Roth
- Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off Great TEAM environment
Keywords: Rugby Architectural Building Products, Grand Prairie , Purchasing Administration, Other , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!