Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: September 19, 2022
OverviewFlex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of
components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the
150 Top North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and
vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for
hard-working and skilled individuals.Scope of the PositionThe
Manufacturing Superintendent will be responsible for the safe and
environmentally compliant operation of the plant production
department. This function is accountable for meeting production
standards as well as maintaining a high productivity and efficiency
rate for the hourly workforce. The Manufacturing Superintendent
will work closely with the rest of the leadership team in the
implementation of plant objectives as well as supporting the
facility polices, programs and procedures.Responsibilities
- Supervises, directs and coordinates personnel activities
concerned with production. - This would involve, but not be limited
to, knowledge of product technology, production methods and
procedures, standards and machine and equipment capabilities.
- Interacts with plant management to establish production and
- Plans and directs production activities and priorities for
products in keeping with effective operations and cost
- Coordinates production activities along with safety,
procurement, maintenance, production planning, -and quality control
activities to obtain optimal use of employee and equipment
- Reviews and analyzes production to determine causes of
non-conformity with production specifications and operating or
- Thorough collaboration and effective communication with all
appropriate parties, develops and implements methods and procedures
to eliminate operation problems and improve product quality.
- Communicates and coordinates with engineering to modify
machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality
- Revises production schedule as necessary.
- Effectively communicates any changes in schedules, production
or procedures to all shifts and employees.
- Directly supports the Manufacturing Manager in all aspects of
daily plant operations.
- Manages performance and development of all of their direct
- Ensure that training occurs for new employees as well as cross
training of existing employees.
- Respectful and appropriate communications in interdepartmental
meetings, and all internal and external contacts.
- Ensures compliance of practices, procedures and instructions
relative to applicable facility standards (ISO, TS, etc);
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by
- Proven understanding of and experience in a manufacturing
- At least three (3) years in a managerial role supervising
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively
solve problems both on an individual and collaborative
- Must believe in the team approach to solving problems and must
have proven success in leading teams to resolve specific
- Knowledge of PC's and software programs Word, Excel, Access and
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial aspects of
- Ability and willingness to act in the role of a mentor.
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal
correspondence as well as an effective presenter.
- Career goals should be plant manager and beyond.
- Proven ability to prioritize and effectively manage their
- Strong understanding of machinery and equipment but with the
ability to know when to assume the responsibility and when to
- Strong commitment to safety and quality.Benefits Medical,
dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a
flexible spending account 401(k) retirement savings plan with
company match Extensive safety training, new hire orientation,
continuous learning and development programs and tuition
reimbursement Paid holidays and vacation time What do our employees
have to say?It engages you professionally, and provides learning
opportunities.Lots of growth opportunity.The companys young enough
to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.Not just a joba great
place to work! Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Flex-N-Gate, Grand Prairie , Manufacturing Superintendent, Other , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!