Quality Associate - Grand Prairie, TX
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: January 17, 2023
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by
offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different
meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission
spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are
a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit
company, active in 18 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we
do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh
ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking
for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh
Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: Green
Chef, EveryPlate, Chefs Plate, Factor_, and Youfoodz.The Quality
Associate ensures that Hellofresh quality standards are achieved
through inspection of grocery -
ingredients during the receiving/yielding, production auditing and
discarding processes in support of production goals -
for Hellofresh meal subscriptions. -
Essential Functions: Production -
- Will support other functions and departments as needed
- Audits selected parts of the production line following the box
audit process and records results of audits.
- Reports any potential problems or issues to Lead and/or
- When issues are identified, escalate appropriately:
- For minor issues, resolve immediately or escalate directly to
line lead and/or supervisor to remedy
- For larger non-conformances, escalate to line lead and/or
supervisor for immediate corrective action to avoid
systematic errors, i.e. stopping the line, checking boxes made
Essential Functions: Receiving -
- Completes meat and truck temperature log sheet as scheduled by
Supervisor. --- Responsible for verifying the quality of
ingredients through yielding or sort. --- Follow the ingredient
- Report any issues regarding low yields so it can be escalated
appropriately. --- Enter data either on paper or
Essential Functions: Discard -
- Gather, keep count and enter/record data regarding discarded
product from various departments
- As appropriate, assess ingredients for recoverability and
return them to production or warehouse, etc.
Essential Functions: Other -
- Complete meat temperature log sheet as scheduled by
- Verify that the FIFO rotation is being followed
- Verify the quality of the ingredients as they are being brought
up from the production floor. --- Verify expiration date of all
- Complete tasks as directed with minimum supervision
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with
authority to initiate action Competencies
- Ability to visually inspect components.
Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing in English,
effectively and professionally with employees -
at all levels of the organization. -
- Time Management and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Understand the role of Quality within the
- Ability to move quickly in order to keep line going.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Basic mathematics.
- Legible handwriting.
Work Environment -
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a
manufacturing and assembly environment and is -
regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10 - - 40 -).
The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or -
airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The
noise level in the work environment and job sites can -
be loud. -
Physical Demands -
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for a -
minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee is required to use hands to -
finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is
required talk or hear with or without reasonable -
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and
occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds with or -
without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision and peripheral vision. -
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work -
Days and hours of work are varied according to shift and production
schedule. Some overtime may be needed -
depending upon weekly orders and weekend work may be required
depending on scheduling. Travel -
No travel is expected for this position. -
Required Education and Experience -
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of related experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications -
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be willing and able to work entire schedule as we cannot
accommodate partial shifts or early/late
- Must be able to count and have basic math skills (addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division and
- Must have basic computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office, Google
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or -
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be -
supplemented at any time with or without notice.About
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities,
backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating
all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring
that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim
to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the
communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and
evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our
collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us
to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into
meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly
improving our process of getting dinner to our customers' homes.
Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the
foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal
opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an
individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability,
marital status or any other protected characteristic under
applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the
Company's commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide
reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to
candidates at any stage, including to individuals with
We want to adapt our processes and create a safe space that
welcomes everyone so please let us know how we can accommodate our
process. In case you have any accessibility requirements you can
share that with us in the application form.
To learn more about what it's like working inside HelloFresh,
follow us on - -and -
Keywords: HelloFresh, Grand Prairie , Quality Associate - Grand Prairie, TX, Other , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!