Molding Process Specialist
Company: Flex-N-Gate Corporation
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components
for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10 th of the 150 Top
North American Suppliers in "Automotive News." A growing and vital
company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working
and skilled individuals. Scope of the Position The Molding Process
Specialist is responsible for setting up and maintaining process
controls on presses, molds and equipment to customer
specifications. He or She is responsible for resolving
manufacturing processes. The Molding Process Specialist is
responsible troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventative
maintenance on the equipment. Additionally, he or she will maintain
equipment and prevent failures by suggesting and implementing
improvement plans. He or She would coordinate manufacturing
activities to ensure good production and quality through problem
solving and continuous improvement activities. Responsibilities Job
- Optimises all machine processes by reducing scrap, cycle times
and mold change times;
- Assists with launches of new programs by building a new process
to ensure quality products of parts and attends launch meetings
prior to production start-up as needed;
- Maintains and secures controlled injection process by using
part weights by using plastic data and using a systematic approach
to optimising current running process;
- Directs set-ups for molds using efficient mold change systems
- Oversees in-house tooling and material evaluations to ensure
- Describes system, components, and parts operating
characteristics and malfunctions by writing technical reports;
- Sets-up injection molds and performs start-up and shut-down of
- Verifies systems performance by testing functioning of
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for
repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining process controls of
presses, molds and equipment.
- Must be experienced with Robotics and Programming, with End of
Arm Set-up and troubleshooting, develop and modify robot programs
to handle parts without causing damage to the equipment or
- Knowledge of TPO's/ABS/Nylons/PC's.
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency and work with
quality inspectors to ensure part quality/performance
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to
machines/tools and notify supervisors when major service is
- Provide ownership and analysis of injection molding process and
equipment for the reduction in defects, overall process improvement
and/or the reduction of downtime and continue improvements
- Compiles, stores and receives production data
- Completes all paperwork as required.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting
- Must have experience with hot runners/valve gate sequencing/gas
- Promote safety by abiding to all related policies and
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent. Ability to
read, write and speak English effectively.
- Possess basic mathematical skills
- Possess basic office skills such as Excel, Microsoft Word and
- Safety and environmental training and experience
- Previous experience in injection molding department or at least
- Must be able to work afternoons or night shift.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented
individual with an attention to detail.
- Troubleshooting ability is required.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.Working Conditions
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- This position may require hot work, standing up to 100%,
overhead work, kneeling, bending, crawling, pushing, pulling,
climbing, and working at heights.This job description is not
inclusive. The duties, experience, functions, and any other
descriptions herein may be changed at any time and other duties may
be assigned as necessary. The company reserves the right to add,
delete, or otherwise alter these responsibilities when and as
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability
insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous
learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation time What do our employees have to
say?"It engages you professionally, and provides learning
opportunities.""Lots of growth opportunity.""The company's young
enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable."Not just a
job-a great place to work! Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Flex-N-Gate Corporation, Grand Prairie , Molding Process Specialist, Other , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!