Part Time Bus Operator for Summit Active Adult Center
Company: Government jobs
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The purpose of this position is to provide transportation
assistance to the City's employees and the general public. This is
accomplished by providing door-to-door service to senior citizens
and persons with physical or mental disabilities for work, school,
medical, and other essential services. Other duties include
operating the city transit; providing for the safe, efficient
timely transportation of persons and interacting with other City
employees and the general public.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides transportation assistance to the City by driving a
city/transit vehicle to necessary locations; operating a two-way
radio; assisting persons in wheel chairs and ambulatory aids and
completing necessary paperwork.
- Provides customer service to the public by assisting with the
elderly and disabled citizens; and providing information and
directions as needed. Minimum Qualifications
- Work requires knowledge necessary to understand basic
operational, technical, or office processes. Level of knowledge
equivalent to four years of high school or equivalency.
- Over one year up to and including two years
- Valid Class B Driver's License with a minimum CDL with
- Ability to read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals,
dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ordinarily, such
education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may
be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations.
Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to
high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and
object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily,
such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school.
However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after
receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and
desired end results with some discretion when making selections
among a few, easily identifiable choices.
- Assignment is reviewed upon completion.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little
deviation. Work requires little or no analysis or judgment.
- Discussion Very Frequent: More than 51% of work time.
01 What is the highest level of Education obtained?
- Some high school, no diploma or GED
- High School Diploma/GED
- Some College, no degree
- Technical or Trade School (Did not complete)
- Technical or Trade School (Completed)
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
02 Do you have experience in driving a transit vehicle and
providing transportation assistance to the public?
- No experience
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year to less than 2 years
- 2 years to less than 3 years
- Over 3 years
03 Do you possess a valid CDL driver's license with a Passenger
* Required Question
Keywords: Government jobs, Grand Prairie , Part Time Bus Operator for Summit Active Adult Center, Other , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!