Tier I Tech Support
Company: Thompson Pipe Group
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Description Position at Thompson Pipe Group, Inc Tier 1 Tech
Support What We Offer
- Top-tier Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life and Supplement Life
- Company Matched 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Fun Events
- Training and Development
- Employee Discounts
- Career Opportunity! JOB SUMMARY Under the general direction of
the Information Technology Manager, the IT Tech deploys, supports,
and maintains the Company's technology with a particular emphasis
on end-user equipment and systems. Teamwork is compulsory but
independent work is necessary for this role. This position requires
the initiative to keep up with trends in technology, vigilance to
problems and security concerns, creative thinking to solve complex
problems, and a strong ability to adapt to the companies constantly
evolving technological needs. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures technology is accessible and equipped with current
hardware and software and verifies user needs are met.
- Monitors and maintains technology to ensure maximum efficiency
and system health.
- Ensures helpdesk tickets completed in a timely manner.
- Setup and maintain computer, printer, networking and other
- Work with External vendors as needed.
- Provides orientation to new users on the equipment and systems
they will use.
- Trains staff on new technology and potential uses of existing
technology in either group or individual settings.
- Researches and recommends possible improvements to existing
technology and systems.
- Maintains current and accurate inventory of technology
hardware, software, and resources.
- Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to
develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Makes recommendations that impact the budget.
- Performs inventory/property management.
- Manages and maintains new and old equipment properly
identifying and organizing each.
- Maintains a clean workspace and prepares old equipment for
- Provides onsite and remote support to all end users.
- Other duties as assigned. MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
REQUIREMENTS Degree is desirable but not required. Must have at
least two (2) years of related work experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN systems.
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity principals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS networking
environment (TCP/IP, DNS, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, 10, 11
- Working knowledge of Office 365 and Microsoft Office.
- Skilled in research and problem solving.
- Skilled in the use small office equipment, including copy
machines or printers.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and an orientation
towards customer service.
- Ability to organize and communicate effectively.
- Ability to install and administer VoIP telecommunications
- Ability to install and administer computer hardware.
- Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working
relationships with others.
- Ability to cooperate with fellow employees as a team member.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSE, AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Requires a valid
driver's license. Job Type: Full-time Schedule:
- 8am - 5pm Work Location : 1003 MacArthur Blvd. Grand Prairie,
TX 75050 Ability to travel on occasion.
Keywords: Thompson Pipe Group, Grand Prairie , Tier I Tech Support, Other , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...