Company: Daylight Transport, LLC
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our Supervisor will be responsible for supervising a shift or
section in a service center while maintaining and achieving the
department/shift and service center and/or company standards for
safety, quality, efficiency, cost, service and delivery, training
and development and housekeeping. The supervisor must complete the
various company and government forms utilized in freight movement
such as shipping orders, city stripping manifests, freight bills,
and exception forms.
As Daylight continues to learn, innovate and succeed, the
Supervisor will need to monitor shipment locations as freight moves
through the various service centers while communicating
continuously throughout the day with independent contractors,
associates, customers and team members verbally and through other
computer operating systems.
- Manages all employee work schedules and time off
- Closely works with the Operations Manager/Assistant Manager
and/or Service Center Manager to ensure alignment in meeting
daily/weekly/monthly and yearly business objectives.
- Conducts daily inspections to ensure compliance with local
state, federal safety regulations, as well as OSHA in conjunction
with the safety team.
- Strive for continuous improvement in all areas of service
- Knowledge of Truckmate system and any other computer/internal
freight monitoring systems used.
- Diligently monitors freight movement.
- Complete forklift job training knowledge and uses a forklift as
necessary within the service center.
- Makes quick and informed decisions based on the volume levels
and communicates schedule to affected employees by using manpower
- Works assigned shift/s as needed, must be available to work
depending upon customer pickup and delivery schedules.
- Monitors and evaluates the safety of each employee daily,
trains on safety processes as needed.
- Monitors, evaluates, and teaches employees safe forklift
techniques as well as uses safe lifting as needed throughout the
- Keeps strategic relations with Linehaul operations to monitor
- Manages, assigns employees around the dock to ensure proper
utilization and development of employees, equipment, loading and
unloading while meeting Daylight s and customer expectations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or General Education degree (GED)
- Preferred of one-year of Management/Supervision experience
Founded in 1977, Daylight Transport is a premium transportation
company offering domestic and international services. Today, we are
one of the Top 100 LTL Transportation companies in the United
States. Founded in 1977, the company is privately held. For the
fourth time, The Los Angeles Business Journal has named Daylight
Transport as one of the 100 fastest growing private companies. The
company has a 3-year growth rate of over 40%! Daylight Transport
has also been named one of the Los Angeles Business Journal's 100
largest privately held companies several times.
As we have continued to expand our service offerings, our customers
have benefited from our brand of premium service. We have built an
unparalleled reputation on expedited transit times while reducing
our customer's cost through various innovative and flexible
Apply Online Below
Keywords: Daylight Transport, LLC, Grand Prairie , Operations Supervisor, Professions , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!