Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Responsible for coordinating and supervising all warehouse
activities of an assigned work team on a shift basis by directing
assigned Associates in the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of
customer product in a manner consistent with service and cost
• Supervise and coordinate the most efficient unloading of inbound
shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging
of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible
levels of quality.
• Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of
• Responsible for the cross communication between shifts.
• Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling
• Maintain a clean; neat, and orderly work area; ensure all
security policies and procedures are followed.
• Ensure Associates follow all safety policies and procedures.
Thoroughly investigate and report all safety accidents and
violations in a timely manner. Conduct operations in accordance
with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
• Ensure proper food safety practices are maintained.
• Direct the operations of the assigned work team to achieve
• Conduct shift meetings.
• Follow all policies and procedures.
• Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff
for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating
• Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such
as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection
• Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related
• Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance
• Conduct staff meetings to relay general information or to address
specific topics, such as safety.
• Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, or
• Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions,
transfers, or disciplinary measures.
• Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide
• Resolve personnel problems, complaints, or formal grievances when
possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• HS Diploma, Associates Degree Preferred
• 3+ years supervisory or warehouse experience; or
successful completion of Americold's internship program; or a
• Maintain forklift certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to perform the same work duties as those supervised or
performs more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their
• Ability to supervise employees.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with
• Must be able to relate to others beyond giving and receiving
instructions: they must get along with co-workers without
exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring
reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with
others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a manager.
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to
contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees
for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to
seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high
sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
• May require experience working in a union environment.
• Tools and Technology Required: Microsoft Office Suite,
Calculators, Desktop computers and Photocopiers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the essential functions for this position and meet the
physical requirements needed to perform them. Reasonable
accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, bending, or carrying light loads
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing
• Occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing
up to 50 pounds
• Working environment is usually in a frozen food and office
setting, with occasional need to leave the premises
• Occasionally works overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to
complete work or to attend meetings
• Travel may be required
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Grand Prairie , Warehouse Supervisor, Professions , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!