Warehouse Maintenance Supervisor
Company: Gordon Food Service
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...
The Warehouse Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for managing
and directing the safe, cost effective, and efficient operations of
the building maintenance department in our warehouse. The
maintenance team has responsibility for both preventive maintenance
of mechanical and electrical systems, as well as troubleshooting
Be part of it!
Equipment includes mechanical and electrical systems, mobile
equipment, hydraulic systems, welding, fabrication, and
- Interviews, hires, and retains staff.
- Works to develop and acts as a mentor and resource.
- Completes performance evaluations and reviews.
- Conducts departmental meetings to communicate team results and
Technical Leadership & Compliance
- Manages warehouse projects; acquiring bids, scheduling
contractors, project timelines, submitting necessary paperwork.
Reviews inspection and repair reports and observes progress of work
on major overhauls to evaluate efficiency and work
- Maintains a warehouse safety culture following the policies
outlined in the Operations Safety handbook and monitors warehouse
safety according to Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and other regulatory
- Attends 3rd party audits (AIB, PHA, Mechanical Integrity, and
- Reviews spreadsheets related to maintenance (energy tracking,
recycling, metrics, and action incentive etc.) targeting
abnormalities and opportunities for improvements.
- Oversees and directs all aspects of equipment repair and
- Collaborates with other Warehouse Leaders to achieve food
safety standards, warehouse goals, and Key Performance
- Coordinates the planning of preventive maintenance programs.
Ensures compliance with Process Safety Management (PSM) Standards
and minimizes disruption to the operation.
- Reviews technical papers, catalogs, GFS Standards and other
resources to determine supplies and maintenance methods to improve
Leading Candidates will differentiate themselves with these
- Certificate from a trade school with mechanical or electrical
- Five years previous warehouse maintenance experience, including
at least two years' supervisory experience preferred.
- RETA certification preferred
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints
including electrical, plumbing, hydraulics, refrigeration,
- Curiosity and technical trouble-shooting ability.
- Understands and ensures compliance with GFSI food safety
standards and expectations.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills,
organizational and problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and be able to
work independently or within a team environment.
- Comfortable with office technology, including Google
applications, internet apps, and mobile technology
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration
for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to email@example.com and use the words "Accommodation
Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food
Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Grand Prairie , Warehouse Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!