Inventory Control Team Lead
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job DescriptionWhat We DoAs a tech-forward company, CarParts.com
is transforming the way drivers shop for auto parts to benefit
today's digital consumer. Leveraging our company-owned national
distribution network, we bring the very best brands and
manufacturers directly to consumer hands, cutting out unnecessary
costs to provide quality parts at a discount. Through our simple,
convenient, and mobile-intuitive website, CarParts.com enables
consumers to connect with the parts they need to keep their
vehicles on the road. Our CultureAt CarParts.com, we're DRIVEN by
our core values—Disciplined Growth, Responsible Ownership,
Inclusive Teamwork, Visionary Leadership, Empathetic Integrity, and
Never-Ending Perseverance. These values guide us in everything we
do and push us further in our growth both as a company and as
people, cultivating an environment where employees are inspired and
empowered as we build and thrive together. All the hard work of our
entire team has resulted in back-to-back record-breaking quarters
since Q1 of 2020, as well as our inclusion in the LABJ's top 100
Best Places to Work in Los Angeles list for two years in a row
(2020 & 2021). Join us! Summary of Role/Position The Team Lead
maintains accurate inventory levels through cycle count program,
physical inventory, resolution of variances, auditing of department
transactions, and follow up on compliance of standard operating
procedures. Manage quality assurance program, including new item
inspection and existing item quality issues, manage profiles
program to ensure the product is stored in the proper areas to
maximize productivity and space. Works under direction with
moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent
judgment to attain specific goals and objectives. YOU WILL:
- Develop efficient and accurate inventory management
- Schedule and assign employees in the direct performance of
assigned tasks in Inventory Control department.
- Make recommendations on programs to improve management of
- Develop and manage programs to ensure vendors are meeting
product and shipping requirements.
- Review the inventory quality and accuracy assurance programs
and review related reports with appropriate supervisor.
- Manage Quality Assurance program, including new item inspection
and existing item quality issues.
- Prepare and maintain SKU database guidelines relating to the
storage, slotting, handling and shipping of product.
- Review performance of daily cycle counts and system adjustments
- Develop necessary reports and documentation to facilitate
accurate inventory counts including records of all audits, counts,
- Maintain safe operating practices.
- The ability to work with others in a team environment, the
ability to take direction from Supervisors/Managers, the ability to
follow work rules and procedures, and the ability to accept
- Must be able to lead and manage others effectively.
- Communicate with corporate and other related departments needed
to assure quality and accuracy.
- Perform other duties as assigned. YOU MUST HAVE:
- Functional reading, writing and math.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
- Skills in mathematics, PC, and reasoning
- Broad knowledge of distribution operations
- Written and verbal communication/instruction skills
- Warehouse management system terminal, material handling
equipment (op, stock chaser)
- Distribution experience as well as some Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Innovative ideas followed by clear planning and
- A flexible attitude.
- Self-motivation and a determination to succeed.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work overtime as required.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work with a team.
- The ability to lift products of up to 50 lbsPHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS:Occasionally: activity exists up to 1/3 of the time (8
hour shift = less than 3 hours total time)Frequently: activity
exists from 1/3 of the time up to 2/3 of the time (8 hour shift =
3-5 hours total time)Constantly: activity exists 2/3 or more of the
time (8 hour shift = 5-8 hours total time) At CarParts.com we
understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless
of sex, national origin, disability, or race. The above noted job
description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude
of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the incumbent a
general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her
position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the
essential functions of this position.
Keywords: CarParts.com, Grand Prairie , Inventory Control Team Lead, Professions , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!