Company: Westinghouse Electric Company
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position: EstimatorThe Estimator is responsible for bid
preparation and submittal in pursuit of projects related to the
manufacturing and supplying of steel and concrete pressure pipe.
The Estimator should be experienced in the full-cycle estimating
process to bid on projects including tanks and custom-formed
products.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the performance of the estimating tasks; Ensure
estimating activities align with organizational priorities;
Establish and improve estimating procedures supporting the
estimating and proposal cycle.
- Develop, maintain, and grow knowledge base for estimating
within the industry; Ensure estimates are accurate and account for
all requirements and specifications while complying with industry,
regulatory, and contractual requirements.
- Effective collaboration with Sales, Engineering, and Project
Coordination; Proactively engage sales team to identify market
strategy and prepare estimating strategy to support; Involve
project coordination and plant operations management when contract
and technical expertise is needed for bid preparation. Prepare or
assist in the preparation of cost estimates for standard and
special products on all projects bid.
- Maintain or assist in the maintenance of current cost
information on materials, supplies, and services purchased. Through
regular contact with the Engineering and Production Functions be
knowledgeable of current design and fabrication techniques that
affect pipe or fittings costs. Revise or assist in revising
estimating procedures to reflect accurate costs.
- Assist other functions on request by preparing cost analysis of
alternate design, procedural, or production methods that affect
products in the marketplace.
- Through regular contact with the Data Processing Function,
obtain and evaluate data pertaining to direct costs.
- Perform such additional tasks as may be assigned by the
Corporate Estimating Manager.
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- High-level knowledge, skills, and ability in estimating for
proposals of manufactured steel and concrete pipe.
- Experience with regulatory requirements and industry
- Experience with discipline-specific industry standards.
- Ability to produce accurate estimates from conceptual and
- Ability to produce detailed, final contract estimates.
- Ability to assess site exposures/construction risks and be able
to appropriately analyze cost and reflect these in an
- Ability to identify constructability issues through the
- Ability to identify value-engineering alternatives.
- Experience in a strong business, construction management, and
delivery methodologies background.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Science, Engineering, or
comparable field of study.
Keywords: Westinghouse Electric Company, Grand Prairie , Estimator, Professions , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!