Operations Supervisor - Warehouse 2nd Shift - $5000 Sign On Bonus (Supply Chain/Logistics)
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Are you an energetic and team-oriented leader focused on commitment
to customers, dedication to excellence and innovation?
Do you have a proven ability to supervise processes as well as
activities and tasks?
Do have a demonstrated ability and desire to succeed, grow, learn,
and apply new skills?
Do you a have proven record to motivate, engage, coach, and
communicate with team members?
Do you have a demonstrated ability to drive process improvement and
Penske Logistics is seeking a proven leader with relevant
experience and skills to join our team of logistics professionals.
We are seeking a candidate to provide leadership at one of our
The Operations Supervisor provides direction at a single location,
leading staff to ensure customer requirements are achieved while
meeting our Penske goals and objectives.
In this role, Operations Supervisors will be bonus eligible based
on their performance and location performance. Operations
Supervisor could earn up to 12% of their base for Max
This is a 2nd Shift position. Days are M - F with weekends and
holidays as required.
Salary is $68k with a $5k sign on bonus
Provide operational leadership to individual contributors and
hourly workforce to ensure the execution of daily tasks and
activities including, loading/unloading of trailers, cross-docking,
and customer service operations in a manner consistent with company
services and cost objectives. Supervise most processes directly
including workforce and equipment scheduling. Responsible for
making corrective action and disciplinary decisions up to written
warning level. Involved in the hiring process and customer meetings
• Establish and sustain that all supervisors and associates are
trained and competent and understand how their work relates to the
customers' business objectives
• Establish and sustain that performance standards are communicated
that are specific and measurable
• Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations for
• Monitor attendance, productivity, and other performance standards
and provide coaching and counseling to associates
• Motivate and engage associates by focusing on team
accomplishments and recognition
• Supervise logistics operations including customer service,
freight loading and unloading, dispatch and proper documentation
and procedure control
• Conduct team meetings
• Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to
increase productivity of warehouse operations. Assist in new
• Provide relief coverage for operational duties when associates
utilize time-off or are absent from the shift
• Have a thorough working knowledge of the site's operating systems
in order to ensure operational compliance and correct exception
• Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and
• Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures such as,
inventory accuracy and control, returns, damages, etc.
• Understand the relationship between decision-making and
• Closely manage associates' working hours and activities to
minimize overtime and to meet or exceed productivity targets
• Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are in
alignment with the location safety strategy
• Provide associates with communication, training, feedback, and
direction to ensure safe performance
• Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and
company policies and procedures
• Conduct safety observations
• Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives and
work to meet and exceed these expectations daily
• Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them
meet their objectives
• Determine areas that could benefit from Continuous Improvement
• Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of
• Work with hourly associates to ensure they understand safe and
efficient operation of equipment
• Work with vendors to ensure equipment is maintained
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by the manager
• 2 - 4 years related functional experience
-• High School Diploma or equivalent required
-• Bachelor's Degree preferred
-• Strong written/oral communication skills and the ability to
actively listen are required
-• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook and PowerPoint required
-• Must demonstrate ownership & responsibility to run the operation
with a sense of urgency
-• Must have ability to connect and build rapport/relationships
with associates and external customers at all levels
-• Must have ability to work efficiently with time management and
-• Ability to manage through a problem and think and make decisions
-• Ability to drive process improvement and lead change
-• Experience with inventory management system preferred
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
-• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
-- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Grand Prairie , Operations Supervisor - Warehouse 2nd Shift - $5000 Sign On Bonus (Supply Chain/Logistics), Professions , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!