HVAC Technician II
Company: Daikin Applied
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Make your mark at the world's largest HVAC company
What's in it for you?
- Factory Certified Training, Refrigeration Certification or
other professional on the job training in the HVAC
- The opportunity to work on all types of commercial equipment
and cutting-edge technologies such as Intelligent Equipment,
Magnetic Bearing Technology and VRF Technology
- Daikin Applied provides technicians with laptops, mobile
devices, and other technologies
The Service Technician II will diagnose, repair, and perform
preventative maintenance of commercial and industrial HVAC
equipment. This role will provide necessary training and guidance
to Level I technicians. Additional responsibilities will increase
based on exposure to tasks, existing and ability to further develop
troubleshooting skill set, and consistent and accurate completion
of assignments. The HVAC equipment includes, but is not limited to,
the following: large and small rooftop units, split systems,
chillers, boilers, and some centrifugal chiller units.
What you will do:
- Perform maintenance of HVAC unitary and applied equipment
including logging machines, cleaning coils, brushing tubes,
replacing filters, replacing belts and proper
- Perform troubleshooting, intermediate independent supported
diagnostics, troubleshooting, pipefitting, and brazing of CAT II
- Repair and replacement of defective equipment, components, or
wiring including, but not limited to CAT II and III equipment:
VFDs, boilers, electrical and refrigerant circuits, screw, scroll,
and reciprocal compressors, rooftop systems up to 150 tons, and
scroll chillers up to 200 tons.
- Beginner-Intermediate level proficiency in independent
troubleshooting of CAT II and III equipment. Introduction to
centrifugal chillers and CAT I equipment.
- Conduct warranty service application by independently
inspecting and testing systems to verify functionality related to
scroll chillers, rooftop units up to 150 tons, and all Category II
and III equipment.
- Perform start up by verifying functionality of new CAT II III
equipment. Educate customers on proper use of equipment,
maintenance schedule, and operating manual.
- Lead the rebuild of a CAT II and III level unit. Direct Level I
technicians through hands-on demonstrations of all necessary steps.
Introduced to centrifugal rebuilds from Lead and Level III
- Demonstrate professionalism in appearance, verbal, and written
communication. Interact with customer by offering status reports of
service before, during, and after each call. Explain technical
information to technical and non-technical audience.
- Communicate potential sales opportunities to Service Sales
Representative through the tech tip program.
- Responsible for mentoring Level I service technicians and
trains on scroll chillers, micro-techs, and CAT II III
- Record and report billing, inventory, timecards, technician tip
reports, and other articles as required in a timely manner
- Basic data entry and ability to navigate the use of email,
internet, word processing programs. Download programs into CAT II
equipment and Micro controllers. Analyze equipment trend data to
ensure optimal performance.
- Ensure standards, policies, procedures, and maintenance of a
clean work area are upheld at all times.
- Ability to follow schedules and budgets
- Wear company uniform and required safety PPE, perform job
- Participate in on call rotation
- Follow all OSHA and Daikin Applied safety policies and
- Potential travel requirements with some overnight
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school, with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and
- 3+years related experience with increasing responsibility; or
5+ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- State license or certifications as required by market
- EPA approved Universal Technician Certification required, as
Nice to have:
- Current first aid / CPR card, OSHA 10 Certification
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company,
Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically
advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the
world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability
and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right
environments for successful businesses and critical applications.
The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise
to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with
efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and
services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales,
service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in
1924 and has an extensive history of developing new,
industry-leading innovations and technology. Our award-winning
Rebel - rooftop units, Magnitude - magnetic bearing chillers,
Pathfinder - air cooled chillers and Intelligent Equipment - set
new standards for efficiency and value for building owners. Also,
our extensive water source heat pump and applied technologies,
aftermarket service, and parts operations provide support to keep
our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2019
revenues in excess of $23.5 billion USD and more than 67,000
employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most
innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most
sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy
management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color,
religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic
information, marital status, membership or activity in a local
commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local law.
Keywords: Daikin Applied, Grand Prairie , HVAC Technician II, Professions , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!