Refrigeration Ammonia Technician-2nd Shift
Company: Fresh Express
Location: Grand Prairie
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Job Function Statements - Essential Functions:
- Installs, repairs, replaces, and performs preventative
maintenance inspections on, but not limited to, refrigeration
equipment, chilled water systems, hydraulics, waste water systems,
Nitrogen generation and air compressors.
- In depth knowledge of all tools and equipment applicable to
- Responds to emergency calls, evaluates situation and takes
- Work overtime when emergencies arise in order to prevent
disruption of the facility.
- Maintains a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and
- Operate CMMS system and demonstrates competency
- Effectively communicate with production and other mechanics to
identify problematic areas of concern; provide and receive feedback
and/or support through collection and analysis of information.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the company's objectives
including productivity, yields, food safety, quality, customer
service and cost goals. Supports achieving those goals.
- Perform daily inspections, emergency repairs, and routine
adjustments; follows periodic preventive maintenance schedule.
Participates on safety teams.
- Perform other duties as required or assignedPreferred
qualifications/skills:Physical Requirements: The employee is
required to stand for extended periods of time (duration of the
shift, 8 hours or more); walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; bend continuously; or crawl. The
incumbent must be able to climb stairs and ladders or step up onto
a platform several times throughout the shift; and is occasionally
required to sit. The employee must be able to push/pull/lift and/or
move 50 pounds. The incumbent must operate powered industrial
equipment, hand and power tools skillfully and safely.Work
Environment: The employee is routinely exposed to wet/cold
conditions of 34 - 36 degrees and also at times hot conditions;
high, precarious places (ex: 25 feet above ground level for
extended hours); and outside weather conditions (rooftop). The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
occasionally loud, which requires hearing protection.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Must work effectively in a team setting
- Effective communication skills
- Familiarity with preventive or reliability based
- Possess IIAR Industrial Refrigeration I
- Hands on experience with cooling processes, ammonia
refrigeration, vacuum pumps, refrigeration compressors, condensers,
purging, and water treatment.
- Have mechanical experience with a good mechanical
- Knowledge of electrical power maintenance (480V) and process
controls troubleshooting (PLC level to the device level).Desired
- Pneumatic and hydraulic systems experience
- Experience with HVAC system operation and maintenance
- Food processing industry experience
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish/Vietnamese/Cambodian)
- Ability to use Microsoft computer programs: Outlook, Word,
ExcelExperience:Minimum 5 years minimum experience as refrigeration
operator in a fresh food processing
environmentEducation/Training:Minimum of a High School
Diploma/GEDOther Information:The statements herein are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
employees, and are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for
employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the
Keywords: Fresh Express, Grand Prairie , Refrigeration Ammonia Technician-2nd Shift, Professions , Grand Prairie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!